RemixVideo Issues

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

RemixVideo Issues

Postby Shocon on 22 Mar 2017, 18:38

Hi There!

Ok soi got hold of the video software so i could use Ableton Link in my sets with visuals that i want to map to my existing controllers. Have been playing about with it for a couple of days now and have some glaring problems that frustrating that seem to not have a good solution to.

Firstly, the mapping. So i have been trying to figure out the mapping. I am using 2 Native Instruments X1 Mk1 controllers to control much of what is done in RemixVideo.

What i want to do is have each of the buttons on the lower section of the controller trigger the video loops in each column. Each button will represent a single video cell, playing the video on a 4 bar loop. How do you do this?

I have been looking at the MIDI settings and because there isn't an X1 mapping, I have been having to do it myself. I can only map the first cell (top left) and thats it. This is where i mapped it.

The other columns though don't have the same settings and as such, is deeply confusing!!

The other issue that i have is that i have uploaded my videos to the program but when i go to play them, the cell does the flashing indicating that it is eating for the beat to come around to sync up and then it just goes black and nothing happens.

don't know what to do. :redface: HELP me internet, you're my only hope.
Shocon

Re: RemixVideo Issues

Postby daniel clark on 22 Mar 2017, 19:05

:idea: this is new to me ,,
first :?:
no native mapping for your controller ,,so you duplicated a existing one to modify :?:
any reason that its off line ,, other than for the screen shot :?:
dont have the software /winn /android user/ sionly going by what i reconise ..
:?: can you post a screen shot of the created mapping expanding the selection in question ,as to maybe look at it .. :?:
will get this topic posting to a more knowledgable support person with familiarity ,,so any othyer info might help when he gets here :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Shocon on 23 Mar 2017, 10:44

Made a video to show some of the problems. Thought it would be easier to understand my problems.

phpBB [video]
Shocon

Postby daniel clark on 23 Mar 2017, 11:09

:idea: the obvious :?: would be what type of video files are you useing ,,,,lenght and are they protected ,,
:mrgreen: yes i am new to the remixvid software :mrgreen:
can you upload a file that doesn't work in a post on the forum for dev team to check ,, :idea:
made a promise to get this posting to a better source of info ,, gonna make a second try at getting you a better response ,, bear with me as a new support structure is trying to be put n place :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 28 Mar 2017, 18:21

Hello Shocon,

I believe I have sent you a message on Facebook regarding this issue. It is easier for us to deal with this kind of issue directly in the support email. However I believe I either haven't received your email or you have sent it it must be under another name?

Thanks for the video in any case, I've put our new dev guy on the case, I've sent him the link to your video as well as a description of your problem and will hopefully have more info for you soon.

Sorry about the issues,
Alex @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby apazat on 30 Mar 2017, 16:41

Hello Shocon,

I'm the guy Alex mentioned earlier. (A part of my job consists in testing the softwares and reporting the bugs to the dev team)

Sorry for the time it took me to answer you, I have solutions for your issues !

If you do not have the time to read all this, here are the "quick fixes" in blue/green italics. If you want the details and explanations, you can read the whole post ! ;)

Short answer :

Samples not playing properly :
Store your files in Movies, Music, Pictures or a subfolder of these.

MIDI mapping for launching/stopping the pads :
Map your buttons to "State" instead of "Play/Pause"

Detailed answers :

Samples not playing properly

This is a bug I reported a few days ago, the developers will be working on it.

The bug is the following : If you drag and drop a sample onto a pad from a folder that is not Videos, Pictures or Music, it will not play after closing/reopening Remixvideo. This seems to be linked with which folders the software is "allowed" to access.

In the meantime, you can store the files you want to use in Videos, Pictures or Music (or in a subfolder inside those folders) so they can play properly the next time you open Remixvideo.

Advice on creating shows and sample packs

This is not directly linked to your issues, but I would like to make sure you know this is possible to do this.

If you want to create a show that you can save and open easily, the best thing is to create a sample pack.

To do this, go to the menu with the three bars button on the top left, then sample packs. Then click on the top right button Create New Sample Pack. You can select the size of the grid.

Menu/Sample Packs/Create New Sample Pack

Then, select the samples you want to use and place them the way you want. (remember to store your samples in Movies, Pictures, Music or its subfolders as long as the previous bug is not fixed). You can edit the sample pack (change the Name, add a Picture, a Description etc) by going to :

Menu/Sample Packs/Right-click on your sample pack and select Edit

When you are finished, export your pack.

Menu/Sample Packs/Right-click on your sample pack and select Export

This will generate a .rmxv file that is an archive containing the videos and all the information describing your pack. If you need to share your sample pack you can just share this file.

When you open Remixvideo again and want to access this, you can either select it on the sample packs list in the menu or by double clicking on your .rmxv file.

MIDI Mapping

Launch Control XL

The faders mapping seems to work fine on your video, I just tried the same, and works perfectly for me.

Traktor Kontrol X1

The knobs for the FX control seem to work fine also.

For the samples launching using the buttons, you need to map them to the "State" parameter in order to work properly.

I tried this with the LaunchControl XL's buttons. It has the same behaviour with Play/Pause and works properly with State.

If you have different button presets available, choose Holder.

I apologize for the lack of clarity in terms of names for the MIDI mapping. We are also working on having all the parameters displayed in the same order for each pad.

I just got my hands off a Traktor Kontrol X1 to test your mapping but the issue you raised doesn't seem to be dependent of the controller.

Advice : Using MidiLearn

To map your MIDI controllers more easily, I would advise you to use the MidiLearn.

You can access it by clicking on the menu button (three bars icon on the top left) and then by clicking on MidiLearn. You will see the software's interface with a blue grid behind. Click on the element you want to control, and move the corresponding button/knob/fader on your controller. Click on EXIT when you're done and you're good to go !

If you want more info, we are shooting a video tutorial that will cover MidiLearn today, it should be online next week.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, we tested the software as intensively as we could before releasing the beta, but some bugs still passed through. Then again, since it's a Beta, we are constantly working on fixing these bugs.

Hope I answered correctly to your questions, feel free to contact me if you have another problem or want more information

Have a great day,

Antoine @Mixvibes
apazat

Postby daniel clark on 30 Mar 2017, 23:08

:eek: gentle men,, :mrgreen: think we have hit first gear ,,thank you antonio for the informative responce ,, cant wait to see remixvideo when it comes to win systems ,, :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby djdubc on 31 Mar 2017, 05:47

I can't wait to see........I will be dealing with video very soon. :cool:
MacBook Pro 9,2 (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Postby Shocon on 12 Apr 2017, 15:11

Hi there!

thank you for your detailed response. I am at the moment swamped with work but in about 5 weeks, i will be free to do more work on getting this all come together and i will let you know how the program handles the new changes and will do other videos to show what is working and not.

Thanks for the help! :D
Shocon

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 28 Apr 2017, 16:07

Hi everyone!

The beta of Remixvideo 1.2 has been just been made available and it adds WINDOWS support :)

You can head there for more information: http://mixvibes.com/remixvideo-beta
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Return to Community Support