ION Discover DJ help

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

ION Discover DJ help

Postby 337Panda on 18 Mar 2017, 05:04

New user here. In a nutshell I bought a ION Discover DJ *used* at the local "consignment" store, It lights up but I have no software CD or Serial for a CD. Not going to Lie!! It didn't come with any software or manual etc. I have no problem buying the MixVibes Cross DJ to play around with. I am guessing if I buy the Cross DJ I will be able to use all of the functions without having to map all the buttons and sliders.

I tried the Cross DJ Free 3.2.4 and it only shows 4 keyboards. The ION Discover DJ lights up but doesn't really do anything. So I am just looking for a hint "You need to buy the software to be able to access all the cool stuff . I understand its a risk buying the device used. I am just trying to verify that if I buy the software and My ION Discover DJ functions correctly... I will be able to play with all the knobs and sliders. Thanks for your time in advance!
337Panda

Re: ION Discover DJ help

Postby daniel clark on 18 Mar 2017, 05:17

:cool: try the demo ,, give time limitations ,,but MIDI control ,,that might help you feel justified in getting the software,,but as you get along you will want a better controller ,,
the free version was intentionally set up to give a overall feel of the software but orientate toward the apps ,,
ion discover DJ was sold as a bundle with a le version ,,so heres the hint ,,if you like the feel of the software ,,and plan on expanding/getting higher standard of equipment then get Cross DJ ,, if you plan on jumping in all the way then get Cross ,, full featured ,, see the comparison chart ,,
no matter what the choice welcome to mixvibes ,and making the music :cool:
to the lastpoint of useing all the buttons and sliders ,yes ,, just curious as to your audio set up ,, :idea:
and yes it mapped to the software :idea:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Re: ION Discover DJ help

Postby 337Panda on 18 Mar 2017, 05:52

Sweet! Thanks I appreciate the help!!
My audio setup is a Memorex Soundbar attached to an aging Quadcore Extreme edition Intel Badaxe2. Um and you aren't going to believe this but I think I found the CD serial torn off the envelope. It fell out from under one of the turntables... I am not sure if this is the correct one?

Never mind it was a key for Ulead SE V6 DVD. I will buy and play around thanks!!!
337Panda

Return to Community Support