mapping for herculesRMX with Cross DJ 3.3.10

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

mapping for herculesRMX with Cross DJ 3.3.10

Postby jonbow on 30 Dec 2016, 17:56

Hi
I use windows vista with my laptop and Hercules RMX MIDI controller to record radio programmes .
I bought Cross DJ 3.3.10 to use as support for my existing software but sadly find that the mapping is not correct for my RMX and am unable to record my programmes in MP3 as required for radio submission . What can I do ?
jonbow

Re: mapping for herculesRMX with Cross DJ 3.3.10

Postby RoJeC on 31 Dec 2016, 00:50

If you register your license you can use version 3.4.2.

Though support for Vista has terminated some versions ago.

You can use a program like Audacity to convert your Cross output to MP3. This is free software. MP3 cannot be used due to copyrights. Only endusers (or such) can license it free. So for Audicity you'll also have to add it yourself.

In the Preferences > MIDI section you can edit your controller settings. If you have any questions on this just post in the forum.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby jonbow on 31 Dec 2016, 17:58

Hi many thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
RE upgrade to 3.4.2 I checked the website and noted that I would have to pay £39.00 to upgrade which seems unfair as I have just purchased the 3.3.10 version recently .Also I note the 3.4.2 version can run MP3 which would be a big help to me regarding recording.
Regarding mapping I really do not have a clue, I checked the list as you suggested but do not know what to do to adjust . You say check the forum ok but what do I ask ?
jonbow

Postby daniel clark on 31 Dec 2016, 18:13

:eek: one reason for regerstering the software is to have access to the download section ,, see fourm rules ,,
free updates ,
:idea: maybe a misunderstanding ,, Cross can play mp3 format ,, but using internal recording will not allow mp3 format recordings ,, ,rojec was suggesting recording in the format available and changing format to mp3 with third party software :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor