Problems connecting MIDI controller to mixvibes

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Problems connecting MIDI controller to mixvibes

Postby antoniogr on 10 Aug 2016, 01:44

I cant find any drivers for this controller...
antoniogr

Postby Mina Sturzu on 31 Dec 2016, 20:43

I also have the same problem. I have followed the steps and have software version 2.6.0 and the controller does not work. It flashes as I plug in the USB but then does nothing. There is no MIDI tab in the preferences. I got this software with the controller and I don't understand why the process is so convoluted and complicated.
Mina Sturzu

Postby RoJeC on 31 Dec 2016, 22:26

Are you able to use the Cross LE software?
If so this would mean the controller is detected as Cross LE only works when a controller is properly connected.

You do have Cross LE installed and not e.g Cross Free? (see title bar).

Cross LE 2.6 is not compatible with W8 and newer, though usually it works.

You could try installing Cross Demo. This has all features, but is restricted in time. If this works you have proved that the hardware is OK and you can try using the LE version.

The versions can be installed side by side.

Don't hesitate to ask more to try to get LE to work if you like.

If the Demo works and LE doesn't, you could consider upgrading to 'Cross DJ'.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Mina Sturzu on 31 Dec 2016, 22:54

I have the LE software installed and working. It will not run unless the hardware is connected so it does recognise the hardware. ~There is no MIDI tab in the software properties.

I have tried the Demo version and I still cannot get it to work. I can see the MIDI tab and in it my device is recognised and the tab says online, however none of the controls work and none of the lights are on. I am able to tick the MIDI in and MIDI out box but not the 14 bits box. I also do not see the device in the list and there are greyed out lock icons beside each device.
The hardware I have is Sirus pro x-con micro computer DJ system.
Mina Sturzu

Postby daniel clark on 31 Dec 2016, 23:55

Mina Sturzu wrote:I have the LE software installed and working. It will not run unless the hardware is connected so it does recognise the hardware. ~There is no MIDI tab in the software properties.

THIS IS PROPER ,, THE MIDI TAB IS DIABLED DUE TO BEING A LE VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE

I have tried the Demo version and I still cannot get it to work. I can see the MIDI tab and in it my device is recognised and the tab says online, however none of the controls work and none of the lights are on. I am able to tick the MIDI in and MIDI out box but not the 14 bits box. I also do not see the device in the list and there are greyed out lock icons beside each device.
The hardware I have is Sirus pro x-con micro computer DJ system.

IN THE DEMO VERSION THE MIDI SELECTIONS MIGHT BE LIMITED ,, AND THE MAP FOR YOUR CONTROLLER MIGHT NOT BE IN THE LIST

not sure what the original issue was ,,will go back and look :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle