transferer playlist Cross de windows vers mac

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

transferer playlist Cross de windows vers mac

Postby djfozette on 12 May 2016, 14:03

Bonjour,
J'ai une collection de 60.000 titres sur un ordinateur sous WINDOWS
Tous mes titres sont triés dans l'ordinateur dans différents répertoires.
J'ai créé une collection reprenant tous les titres puis j'ai créé mes listes de lecture.

Je viens d'acheter un MAC et je souhaite tout transférer.
J'ai installé mes titres dans le mac.
J'ai copié ma collection et je l'ai ouverte dans le mac.
Tous mes fichiers sont marqués comme manquants... Normal vu que le chemin d'accès n'est pas la même.

Je sais les relocaliser un par un mais... il y en a 60.000
Dans mes listes de lecture, les titres proviennent de différents dossier donc c'est quasi impossible de retrouver la source exacte.

Est-ce qu'il est possible de passer de windows à mac facilement ??????

MERCI !!!
djfozette

Re: transferer playlist Cross de windows vers mac

Postby RoJeC on 12 May 2016, 14:17

Bonjour,
I never did this, but you might give it a try or wait till someone who did this change can provide more details.

Relocate
By default Cross will relocate all tracks that have a similar change of folder structure.
Assuming you kept the same tree structure this might work.

Select a bunch of tracks, right click, select relocate, relocate the first track. After doing this Cross will ask if it should try finding the others. Click Ok.
If this works you can do larger batches. Main reason to do in batches is to make sure you have some control in the process (batches of several 1000 will do)
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby jonas76 on 02 Aug 2016, 13:21

Hi there,

I have had the same question and managed to update my entire collection. Forget about Relocate, that doesn't work at all when migrating. The only option is to change the paths in the Cross database, which is an sqlite database.

First you can check the post here where I got my first info from: viewtopic.php?f=358&t=26886&p=169789&hilit=sqlite#p169789

And this is my little tutorial:

Database files on Mac are found in /Users/<yourname>/Music/MixVibes/*.crossdb

Just for safety, copy the database file to somewhere else to back it up.

Start SQLLite with sqlite3

https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html#section_3

Use ".open FILENAME" to reopen on a persistent database.
Code: Select all
sqlite> .open blabla.crossdb

Be aware: any changes you make are persistent!!

sqlite>UPDATE Music SET fullpath = REPLACE(fullpath,"<old-library-location>","<new-library-location>");

good luck!
From the country that invented New Beat ;)
jonas76

Postby RoJeC on 02 Aug 2016, 14:26

This will be helpful, but may require some more background...

- crossdb files are stored wherever you save them. You refer to the default location (which many will use only).

Maybe you also can add a sample of an actual filled string. As / and \ may be relevant. If only for opening a sqlite3 database in a different folder.

If I read it right your files are all in the same folder.. How about if people use different (root) folders. Would it be having to replace these one by one (meaning command by command...).
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby jonas76 on 26 Aug 2016, 23:20

Hi RoJeC,

You are right about everything. People should really know what they're doing and know some basics of directory/folder structure of Windows and Mac/Unix.

Most of my files were indeed in the same root folder, so I could just do:

sqlite> UPDATE Music SET fullpath = REPLACE(fullpath,"F:\music\","/Volumes/Iomega HDD/music/");

Of course, this only changes the root and not all underlying subfolders, which still have the windows slash "\" that needs to be changed to a mac/unix slash "/". Therefore I did this too:

sqlite> UPDATE Music SET fullpath = REPLACE(fullpath,"\","/");

You have to do these commands to each root folder, logically.

And sure, the location of the database files can be different. Depends indeed on where you saved them, if you did.

Anyway, this is the only way I could migrate my entire collection from Windows to Mac, since Relocate did nothing. Some work still required there. Although I think Relocate might work fine when you stay on the same OS, it was not designed to work when switching OS'es. At least that's my thought.
From the country that invented New Beat ;)
jonas76

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 08 Sep 2016, 16:25

Thanks to you all for this help.
djfozette, is your problem solved?
Have a great day!
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Return to Community Support