UMIX-44 input issue (timecode not detected)

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: UMIX-44 input issue (timecode not detected)

Postby RoJeC on 03 May 2016, 11:00

Very frustating.. Mostly for you..
Please do NOT use the 64bit version until this is sorted. It can only cause trouble. Once the 32bit works like normal you can give it a try.

Just trying to get an overview of the status...
Using w7Home. Cross 3.3.11 Demo.
Latest drivers of ESI.
2 Technics SL1200 (phono) connect to U-Mix44 inputs.
Routing mode External Mixer (cue).
U-Mix44 Outputs connected to mixer.
2 different sound card types don't seem to deliver input or output.

---------
Back to basics
1. Disconnect U44. remove all USB equipment (other than mouse/keyboard) change sound card to PC/laptop internal one.

Can you play music when you select the sound card of the PC/laptop?
If not forget about further testing.

2. connect U44 (to a USB2 port, not a 3 if you have). Check that Windows is not using the sound card for recording or audio playback.

3. (restart Cross!). Select the U44 sc. play a track.... If it doesn't play, please make a full screen capture and post this.

4. Try using a different USB cable...
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby tekinico on 06 May 2016, 00:58

You got my setup all right !

Here is the results of the tests :

1. OK : i got sound playing from my motherboard soundcard

2. i connect the U44 to a usb2 port. i check that windows is not using the sc (as default speakers or recorder) : should i check something else ?

3. restarting Cross, selecting U-Mix 44 ASIO driver, playing the same track : Cross does not start the playback when i press the "play" button. It stays as "checked" colored, but nothing happens.

https://snag.gy/iGLNa2.jpg

4. unfortunately, the USB cable of the U-Mix 44 is sealed in the soundcard, there is no way to replace it. I however have doubt about this being the problem because i tried 1 2 3 4 with my other sc (U46DJ) and got the exact same result :(
tekinico

Postby tekinico on 11 May 2016, 11:48

up ? :'(
tekinico

Postby jaymarkus on 11 May 2016, 12:04

I,ve used this Soundcard a very long Time U46MKII

look at this thread, Important is that u are mute your U46DJ seen as in the picture shown.

viewtopic.php?f=358&t=37400&start=10
SAMSUNG RC530-S0EDE/Core I7 2670QM/8GB/1TB Harddisk/NVIDIA GT540/Mixvibes DVS Upgrade Version 7.218+Mixvibes Cross 3.3.11/Numark NDX 800*2/Korg Zero 4 Mixer&SYNQ SMX-3/Technics 1210MkII*2/Traktor Audio 6 Soundcard/U-Mix Control Pro
jaymarkus

Postby tekinico on 22 May 2016, 07:09

I tried that, and the result remains the same.

since none at mixvibes is really trying to help resolve this issue, I'm assuming that early mixvibes adopters and users are left with no other choice than to .... switch to a better supported and well known setup ? Serato, or Traktor ? Seems to me vinyl users should not be forgotten.. vinyl is coming back !

any advice on which other DVS i could purchase ?
tekinico

Postby jaymarkus on 22 May 2016, 08:09

I see that u are using Cross Le, this version only works with the delivered hardware you have bought. if you bought the software without any hardware than there is no opportunity that it works. Only the full version of Cross can use any soundcard and DVS
SAMSUNG RC530-S0EDE/Core I7 2670QM/8GB/1TB Harddisk/NVIDIA GT540/Mixvibes DVS Upgrade Version 7.218+Mixvibes Cross 3.3.11/Numark NDX 800*2/Korg Zero 4 Mixer&SYNQ SMX-3/Technics 1210MkII*2/Traktor Audio 6 Soundcard/U-Mix Control Pro
jaymarkus

Postby tekinico on 24 May 2016, 13:04

I have MixVibes DVS and i tried Cross Demo (not LE).
I have tried these software with both U46DJ and U-MIX44 soundcards.

I have reinstalled my computer from scratch, reinstalling windows 7 since i thought windows 10 was the source of problems. so i've tried with these two OS.

I have tried with Asio4all and without.

i think i have tried everything, that's why i was looking for some extra help from MixVibes directly.. I cant think of any reason why this is not working and i feel like Mixvibes support is non existent (only kind users trying to help : i appreciate that a lot btw). The fact that they even stopped making timecode vinyls does not really help keeping faith in their product either..
tekinico

Postby jaymarkus on 25 May 2016, 09:41

I think mixvibes has stopped making Timecodes because always more people use Controllers or Pioneer CDJ with direct HID. I am using CDJ with TImecode CD and for my things it is enough. I have Novation Dicers for loop Control and CUE points . Only At Home i Use my Technics 1210

I don´t know why your soundcard isn´t working. I have a Samsung Notebook I´ve plugged my SC Installed all drivers and it works.

I am using an Traktor A6 SC at the moment but also my U46MK2 is working. the u46mk2 is my replacement Card
jaymarkus

Postby RoJeC on 25 May 2016, 10:41

Mixvibes didn't 'stop' making tc vinyl. The largest distributor appeared to be out of stock. Apparently this created above average demand via the other channels.

Given changes as mentioned by jaymarkus there now is a topic where users can express there willingness to purchase. This will help to get an idea of the needed batch size and might lead to a different way of providing them.

Though not cheapest there are still shops reselling DVS Ultimate with tc's. Maybe with some negotiation you can get a nice price. (Ultimate isn't supported for more than 6 years).
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby tekinico on 20 Jun 2016, 23:39

So: end of the story is : i bought a Tracktor Scratch A10 pack (soundcard, software and timecoded vinyls) and it all worked like a charm : plug and play.

thanks all for your help, but i am happily leaving the mixvibes world !
tekinico

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support