Cross DJ and Windows 10

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ and Windows 10

Postby AustinTexas2015 on 28 Mar 2016, 01:06

Question for you experienced DJ'ers..... I have a new laptop running windows 10 and an old version of this software... Cross DJ LE 2.6.0.
My question is I am having a lot of crashes with the software which has made my controller and Cross DJ unusable. The technical support team has told me to upgrade since my version is not compatible. But for me that will mean buying the update. I have browsed the board and I see that some are having issues even with the updated version. I am wondering if I should just start over and get a different software and controller. Or, is the update worth it? Thoughts???
AustinTexas2015

Re: Cross DJ and Windows 10

Postby daniel clark on 28 Mar 2016, 01:20

:eek: depends on your needs and monies ,, the upgrade pricing is still cheaper than other software purches prices,,have you tried out your controller with the demo on your set up to see if you have any issues ,,with running the newer version of os and ver of Cross DJ ,, that is what the demo set up for ,, if you plan on upgrading your hardware and possibilities for different types of DJ ,ie time code ,,hid ,, multi controllers ,, then now is the time to take these possibilities it to effect ,, if you are happy with the performance of your set up and it meet your needs then the up grade is the easiest/cheapest route to go ,, defenetly dont recommend changing software due to learning curve ,, just my thoughts :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby RoJeC on 28 Mar 2016, 10:58

Cross 3.x is w10 compatible over a year now. Most issues have to do with using older versions or using older controllers. Also Pioneer was really late with W10 drivers.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Caballoballo on 28 Mar 2016, 18:03

Saludos,I found Cross DJ to be a very stable software and one of the best on the market ,no problems at all. Price should not be an issue to upgrade taking into consideration the cost of others. Planning on adding an Hércules Rmx 2 controller which is on the way.
Caballoballo

Postby DJDogbone on 29 Mar 2016, 06:11

It's worth the upgrade. If your software is registered here, you can download the update on your 10 machine and fully install it. If it's the free version, no luck.

I use this software when I DJ at the club. I love the video mixing and ease of use. I also have Traktor and Virtual DJ. I don't like Traktor interface and VDJ looks overly simplified...less refined. Call me biased but I like the Cross look, feel and the since I use the Cross DJ headphones (which are ok) and the control surface...for clean integration, I'm sticking with it for now.

If they don't get a move on the NV MIDI, then I might move to Serato. Haven't bought the NV yet....but hope to this summer.
DJDogbone

Postby catgoat on 03 Apr 2016, 19:30

I have been using mixvibes Cross since december, 1 or 2 times a months for running/mixing videos. i picked it up with a new laptop running windows 10. I don't use this machine for any audio output, strictly video mixing, so your mileage may vary. I use a mixtrack 2 pro with it as of recently.

i had zero performance issues up until a few weeks back when i started using the sampler more often. I had a crash one night,, and i attributed it to having thrown a few 10 minute vids in the sampler deck while vids were running on the a/b decks. i don't think this had anything to do with it, since i had two crashes within 20 minutes happen to me last night at a gig with no samples loaded. (luckily i was able to switch my vids over to a virtual DJ based laptop, and the vids ran fine all night, albeit without the fancy FX and sampler decks i had purchased mixvibes specifically for.)

Turns out when I bought mixvibes Cross in December, (I had upgraded from the free version), it was version 3.3.10 that was given to me. ver 3.3.11 had been available since July at that point, so I was using an older version this whole time. I have since "updated" my software (just now, actually).

I am at a point where the only way to find out if these crashes will continue to happen is to sit down one afternoon and stress test, but even that might not help, since i had done probably 5 or 6 gigs with video all night on this rig without an issue. I am hoping i was suffering from the drag and drop crashes that seemed somewhat common with Win10 and Mixvibes.

Jury is still out for me, but i already sank 130 so here i am digging through forum posts. These few negative experiences so far haven't soured me to the software, but seeing your software crash at a gig is a terrible feeling, no matter which version of the software i was running, and there is no way that doesn't affect my feelings towards this software, no mater how objective i try to be.

(Side note: Is there no auto update feature in this software? It doesn't even seem to check if updates are available. I had to come to the forum, log in, look at my downloads section, download a completely new installer, and install 3.3.11 manually like it was 2002 all over again. Plus 3.3.10 is still there so it doesn't even seem like and "update" in the traditional software installation sense.)
catgoat

Postby RoJeC on 03 Apr 2016, 20:40

It's due to a bug in 3.3.10 that v11 isn't found. The update function should work with this version.

The Mixvibes software is always installed as new. Given the type of changes this allows users to get familiar with the latest while having your preferred version still present.

Bugs are always inconvenient. To a certain level unavoidable. All versions are tested at various stages in increasing size of user groups. Still it real life can show more problems than found.

The drag & drop issue should be solved in the current version.

For repeating type of crashes please try to recall if tracks from a similar source are involved. If so then please make it available to the devteam.

For new laptops, especially consumer type, it's important to check for driver updates. Especially with video you stress all critical components.

If you have any further guess just let's know.

Also be aware that most W10 issues in the forum are driver issues. Many controllers and soundcards still don't have W10 drivers and use generic of MS.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby catgoat on 04 Apr 2016, 00:25

thats pretty much what i have been doing today, checking for driver updates, etc. thanks for he reply.
catgoat

Postby catgoat on 24 Nov 2016, 01:11

just an update: been running 3.3.11 all year on WIN10 with very few issues, and those issues i believe were from corrupted files.
catgoat

Return to Community Support