Limited number of Soundcloud "Favorites"/Likes Issue

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Limited number of Soundcloud "Favorites"/Likes Issue

Postby Kai Sean Liao on 02 Feb 2016, 20:25

I've had the program for 2 weeks, and have noticed an issue with the primary feature for which I bought it: Soundcloud Integration. This issue has been mentioned by other users and remains to be explained to me in full.

While searching up individual tracks through Cross DJ proves itself to be fine, as does my ability to connect my Soundcloud account... I've noticed that in 3.3.10 and 3.3.11 (the only versions I've had, and as far as I understand, the most current) the Favorites tab is limited to around 45-50 tracks.

Even though Cross recognizes my profile as having 578 Likes, and will update that number consistently, it seems to wittle down all my likes to a selection of my most current likes... these are NOT even my 45-50 most recent likes, they seem to be arbitrarily chosen out of perhaps the 100 most recent likes I've made.

Whether this is related to copyright protection, the coding, or something else has yet to be revealed to me. A little test I did: I even took a very recent song I liked, created a Soundcloud set including only that track... and though Cross DJ recognizes that I have created one set on Soundcloud with that single song, clicking on the set within Cross DJ reveals 0 tracks in it.

I would like to make this my primary DJ software, but NEED this issue to be addressed or corrected before I do that. Manually typing in every song defeats the purpose of natural integration.

Thank you in advance!
Kai Sean Liao

Re: Limited number of Soundcloud "Favorites"/Likes Issue

Postby Kai Sean Liao on 09 Feb 2016, 07:31

Hi there, sorry for bumping this but this is a huge issue for me. I see that others have posted about it since 2014 and want to know if it's only occurred to a few people or is a universal bug.
Soundcloud integration was THE deciding factor for me purchasing the software to potentially make it my software of choice :(
Kai Sean Liao

Postby RoJeC on 09 Feb 2016, 08:25

I understand that it's not as integrated as you expect. However it works exactly as the Demo version of the software.

I'm not sure but suspect that it is more likely to be a problem with the api than a bug in Cross as it would be a simple fix to allow more records to be shown.

For the purpose of DJing using sc IMOH has become less 'reliable'. Due to their strict rights policy it's occurred to me that to often (for me) a track disappeared by the time I needed it. Understandable but annoying.

So the team is aware of this but it isn't sure the next release will have a fix for this.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Kai Sean Liao on 09 Feb 2016, 08:35

Thank you for replying, I appreciate receiving some support and understanding that it's limitation is not the result of a client-end issue (for me). It is unfortunate and slightly misleading in its advertising, but I do understand that there is only so much you can do.

I'm hoping you can answer this follow-up question which addresses an implied issue that may have slipped:
I do see that if I go on 'liking spree', some of them do appear in Cross DJ immediately and I now accept not all tracks I just liked don't appear.

However, why would the list remain as around under 50 and push out the old tracks which I liked and made it into Cross DJ's 'favorites'? I can't wrap my head around why it would push out the oldest 'safe' likes when refreshing to pull new likes so as to cap it at 50 tracks? This seems like something on the software's end since the Soundcloud 'explore' categories are capable of retaining a mass volume of tracks?
Kai Sean Liao

Postby RoJeC on 09 Feb 2016, 17:09

You might be right, but my feeling is that there wouldn't be a reason to build a limitation like this. And if it was build in Cross it would be a very simple thing to resolve.
It is my assumption that likes are treated different by the api.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Itamar Perez on 01 Mar 2016, 21:42

I love the app! But guys PLEASE resolve this limitation, it will make it perfect for me

PS I sent you a request in the app

Love
Itamar Perez

Postby foolmoron on 10 Oct 2016, 05:43

Just ran into this issue as well. Very annoying and limiting for my main use case of the app!

This should not be a problem with the SC API. If you look at how SC loads the Likes page, it uses the following endpoint:
Code: Select all
https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/users/19241870/track_likes?client_id=[client ID here]&limit=20

That user ID goes to my account, and you can change the limit parameter to whatever to get all my Likes. There's no reason it should be limited to just 40-50...

Excellent app otherwise though!

(PS: I'm using the android app version 3.0.6)
foolmoron

Postby ninthjarl on 26 Dec 2016, 18:03

This really is bad but I found a way around this problem. It requires a bit of additional work but it gets the job done. Use playlists in soundcloud as Cross DJ does not seem to have any problem fetching the files in the playlist. I have tested it with 54 files in a playlist.
ninthjarl

Return to Community Support