Cross DJ 3.2.1 MIDI issue

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ 3.2.1 MIDI issue

Postby fmn72 on 18 Sep 2014, 14:24

Hello, I have a serious MIDI issue with MVCDJ 3 on a mac.
Yesterday I purchased a xone:23c with MVCLE then I upgraded to pro for more controls, cdj ecc but in every version my xone:23c, my kontrol F1 although are marked as online don't work at all. I mean: the mixer works but when I move the knobs phisically, MVC doesn't show any movement on screen. I tried to create a map for the F1 but it didn't show any command when I press a key or move a slider. It doesn't even show any lights. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance,
Fabrizio
fmn72

Re: Cross DJ 3.2.1 MIDI issue

Postby daniel clark on 18 Sep 2014, 14:35

:cool: one thing to check is the mapping for the controller in the le version of the software ,, by the way regerster this software also on the fourm ,, see if this mapping works with the software (le) and if to your satifaction then this will be the basic starting point of the new/edited mapping for the full version of Cross ,
this might be the starting place for getting what you want accomplished , :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby fmn72 on 18 Sep 2014, 15:05

I am sorry but I noticed I post this in another place, my apologies.
Thanks for the reply, Daniel, but my point is that even if the software shows the MIDI controllers, I can't map them.
There are no newer versions too.
I plugged both on board usb port or powered but didn't change.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
fmn72

Postby daniel clark on 18 Sep 2014, 15:22

:cool: not 100% familiar with the controller ,, think it incorpates DVS control ,, :?: trying to give you options ,, the le version has a MIDI mapping for controller ,, this mapping should be a map for creating a mapping for the full version of Cross ,, unless i am off base the original software should work with the controller /software /hardware combination ,, by using this starting point you have avaibility too create/edit a mapping for later version of Cross ,, in the software the display menue tab /help/manual ,, should give you basic info as to creating/editing a map .. :cool: check this out for your info and knowledge base to get started ,, :cool: then any help with creating a mapping you will have the termonolgy and resources to be able to work out the bugs , :cool:

:eek: :idea: is this two different controllers you are talking about ,,xzone23 c and kontrol :?:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby RoJeC on 18 Sep 2014, 15:52

Are you using Cross only, so no LE at the same time. You have to select the controller in the MIDI tab.
Cross only checks for MIDI devices on startup. Make sure they are fully installed by the OS at that time (sometimes takes like a minute for first connection to a not-previously used usb port).
In the MIDI tab do you get green flashes when pushing a button/slider?
Default mappings cannot be changed. Copy by using the [x2] function and change that one.

... please let's know if any of this helped
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby fmn72 on 18 Sep 2014, 16:57

Thanks for the help, Daniel, I have now Mixvibe Cross Pro only, my mixer works only as a usb soundcard but the controls doesn't. I already tried (I read the manual too) to map another controller but no way.

RoJec, it's what I did but no lights on at all on KONTROL F1, my Xone:23c works but on screen the sliders doesn't move at all.

I tried to create a new map burt it seems that MIDI and Mixvibes doesn't match at all-

Any other ideas? Any guess?

Thank you for the patience,
Fabrizio
fmn72

Postby RoJeC on 18 Sep 2014, 17:09

Audio and MIDI drivers are different things, even for same device.
Did you try reboot of your PC? Let MIDI controller stay connected in same usb port.

If you open preferences at MIDI tab, when pushing a control at the device, does the tab light green (part marked by the green oval in the image).
tabflashmidi.png

Other thing to try is enable 14-bit (turn off if no change)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby fmn72 on 18 Sep 2014, 18:09

RoJec, thanks for the reply. I have a Mac with mavericks, I rebooted it many times, the tab NEVER marked green altough it is shown as online. Nothing happens when I press a key. The mixer works as an external cue Mixer, because as a dual stereo, as suggested by the manual, it works swapping channel and stuff.
I'm confused, Switched usb ports, tried all, but nothing.
Last shot? Any ideas?
Thank you all,

Fabrizio
fmn72

Postby daniel clark on 18 Sep 2014, 18:18

:cool: :eek: dumb :?: but what MIDI mapping is being used /selected ,, also maybe a screen shot of your MIDI tab in perferences ,, gotta give us info ,, :mrgreen:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby RoJeC on 18 Sep 2014, 20:34

To me it seems your MIDI doesn't come in. As it is MAC I won't be able to assist you further.
Please add capture as requested by Daniel, so info is present when a Macademic drops in.
Ronald

RoJeC

Next

Return to Community Support