Cross sets track to start 2 beats in?

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross sets track to start 2 beats in?

Postby Hannes on 03 Feb 2014, 17:21

That only works for single tracks when they`re loaded to the deck.

Assuming you use a midi-controller, or a free key on your keyboard you can combine the commands "set cue" and "needle search" (needle search is to scroll thru the track with CDJs or Controllers that have a touch-strip) onto one button/key.

Setting "needle search" to 0 will make it jump to 0:0:0 tracktime, combine it with "set cue" and you have a workaround to you issue.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby djmagicmoments on 03 Feb 2014, 18:19

I will certainly try it... thanks much!
Mobile Entertainer for 26 Years
Serving Pittsburgh, PA & Surrounding Areas
djmagicmoments

Postby djphaidon on 03 Feb 2014, 18:29

djmagicmoments wrote:I am ONLY trying to help. Still trying to learn the proper way to communicate on the forums. My apologies if I am doing it incorrectly.

We do appreciate it :D , promise. You have already pointed out something that should probably be corrected, so you are already off to a good start.

MixVibes Cross 2.6.0
A&H Xone:DB4 / A&H Xone:K2 / QuNeo / iPad Lemur
15' MacBook Pro / 16Gb RAM

Retired: Jazzmutant Lemur / Korg padKontrol / Korg Zero 4 / VCI 100 / APC40 / NI S4 / Traktor

djphaidon

Postby RoJeC on 03 Feb 2014, 18:48

I would suggest to give this topic a rest. The remaining issue is whether it is a 'Nice to have' or a 'Must Have'. Professionals differ on opinion as to this.

With current Cue detection you can start any track without silence, straight in the beat at all times.
With Cue on T=0 (or beat-x) many tracks will have silence as it is not default that audio (or audible level) starts here.

The team knows. As in the past options come and go. The more options the harder to use it right. The team has proven to be really good at implementing features in a user friendly way.

My personal thought is that this issue is a 'nice to have' as the work of a DJ basically is to spend a few seconds per track per gig, no matter what state is in; only the first time per track you have to spend another second.

:mrgreen: Don't try to be prettier than the bride.. :D

(let's look back in a while and see what the team has ready in the next version versus the importance of this issue). :confused:
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby djmagicmoments on 03 Feb 2014, 20:19

Okay, my VERY last post on this subject.

The remaining issue is whether it is a 'Nice to have' or a 'Must Have'. Professionals differ on opinion as to this.

We will just disagree. If you expect DJ's to leave a piece of software and come to Cross, you have to have BASIC things implemented. The ability to have the track start at the first detection of music is basic. VDJ does it, Traktor does it, PCDJ does it... So, we will just respectfully disagree.

My personal thought is that this issue is a 'nice to have' as the work of a DJ basically is to spend a few seconds per track per gig, no matter what state is in; only the first time per track you have to spend another second.

As a wedding DJ, the last thing you want to do is to worry about cueing a track. Sure, you only do it once but if you forget, welcome the trainwreck. And sure, I could manually cue 58,000 tracks... :eek:

Again, LOVE the software and am dedicated to it. My suggestions are not complaints, they are not ridicules, they are not to grab attention... are any of the Beta Testers or Moderators 100% wedding DJ's? If not, you would have never even know that this is important to wedding DJ's. That is my point. I am not saying those who do a wedding here or there.... I do nearly 100 a year and network with 100's of others who are ALL trying this program.

Okay... done. You have heard the suggestions from a wedding DJ. Like I said, if this is not for wedding DJ's too, let me know so I can move on.

(let's look back in a while and see what the team has ready in the next version versus the importance of this issue).

AGREED!
Mobile Entertainer for 26 Years
Serving Pittsburgh, PA & Surrounding Areas
djmagicmoments

Postby RoJeC on 03 Feb 2014, 21:08

years ago this was one of the user options in a mixvibes product; they know what they changed from....

autocue.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Deuce Boogaloo on 20 Nov 2014, 19:51

Tech Support,

I am a Salsa music DJ. Some Salsa DJs mix. But, most that DJ for the "hardcore" Salsa crowd do not. We prefer approx. 2 secs of silence between songs. This is true in Argentine Tango, and I imagine so in a number of other "social dances."

While manual cueing is not difficult as a process taken individually. It is an interruption to workflow, not present in Traktor or Serator, to do so. And, is just one more variable, that can increase the chance of "Murphy's" intervention. And, as the OP said, recuing a large library manually is definitely additional work. Some of us like to have our music (e.g. cues) prepared ahead of time.

Having tested Serato, Traktor, MIXXX and VDJ. For me, the ONLY reason that I've gone back to Traktor is because of the inability to disable the load-at-first-cue part of the program. I like your interface, stability, browser functions, controller integration, price, and just about everything else, much better than the aforementioned software packages.

I think that there are more non-electronica/mixing DJs that would shift to this program if there were an option to disable the load-at-first-cue; more than you suspect.

As of tonight's gig, I'm only using Traktor because of the lack of that function. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this.
Deuce Boogaloo

Postby Deuce Boogaloo on 20 Nov 2014, 19:51

Tech Support,

I am a Salsa music DJ. Some Salsa DJs mix. But, most that DJ for the "hardcore" Salsa crowd do not. We prefer approx. 2 secs of silence between songs. This is true in Argentine Tango, and I imagine so in a number of other "social dances."

While manual cueing is not difficult as a process taken individually. It is an interruption to workflow, not present in Traktor or Serator, to do so. And, is just one more variable, that can increase the chance of "Murphy's" intervention. And, as the OP said, recuing a large library manually is definitely additional work. Some of us like to have our music (e.g. cues) prepared ahead of time.

Having tested Serato, Traktor, MIXXX and VDJ. For me, the ONLY reason that I've gone back to Traktor is because of the inability to disable the load-at-first-cue part of the program. I like your interface, stability, browser functions, controller integration, price, and just about everything else, much better than the aforementioned software packages.

I think that there are more non-electronica/mixing DJs that would shift to this program if there were an option to disable the load-at-first-cue; more than you suspect.

As of tonight's gig, I'm only using Traktor because of the lack of that function. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this.
Deuce Boogaloo

Postby RoJeC on 20 Nov 2014, 21:17

Thanks for your feedback. It seems that the unique selling points of Cross aren't the ones you're looking for.
It might be that one the feature is put back in. For now the focus is on a non stop flow.

From personal experience I can assure that setting cue points is an easy and one time action. I use some what the opposite for several playlists which setting cue at the end of an intro.

If you still feel like giving ot a try. ..
Create a playlist so you can see progress. Add couple hundred often used tracks.
Analyze the few hundred tracks at first now. Can be done unattended mostly.
Set autoplay fade to 0 sec in preferences.
Add tracks to autoplay.
Start autoplay and adjust when needed. Click next when done. With backspace or move wave by moisr you can go back. Shift C puts cue on the fly. Quant and Snap best be 1 or 1/2.

Just see how many tracks you can do in half an hour. . Then go or no go....
Given the batch it's important analysis is finished for these else if you go fast analysis is finished after you set cue.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby jaamrode on 21 Nov 2014, 06:28

Sorry if this is incorrect, I am a bit of a newbie. Can't Cross import libraries with the cue points set from traktor or vdj? If you like everything else about Cross but you like how traktor or vdj sets the cue points better, why not let vdj analyze the cue points then import the library into Cross?
jaamrode

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support