No ability to monitor the cue track with U-Mix Control Pro

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

No ability to monitor the cue track with U-Mix Control Pro

Postby skelletor03 on 27 Aug 2012, 05:54

Hello. I've been using the U-Mix Control Pro controller in conjunction with the Cross DJ 2.0.1 software. I have been unable to get the monitor function to work properly with my headphones and set-up. I am using a two speaker set-up with one amp, my laptop, and the U-Mix Control Pro unit. In the middle of playing a track on the first deck, I would like the ability (as many DJs do) to monitor the next track on the second deck and cue it to a suitable position. However, I cannot figure out how to get this function to work. With my headphones plugged in, any change in the volume level for the "Mix" or "Level" for the headphone input seems to make the cued track play on the main speakers as well as within my headphones (as opposed to just within the headphones). I also have the headphone source button selected for the cue track as well (the button near the Gain knob).

I have played around a bit with the Audio tab in Settings, but nothing seems to make this "monitor" function work properly. The standard/default selection for my setting (or the one that works best) is the MIXVIBES ASIO U-Mix Control Pro. I read an older thread on here where someone had a similar problem and it was suggested that perhaps the audio driver was incorrect or something to do with the input/output settings in the Audio tab.

I am running Windows 7 SP1 64 bit btw. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
skelletor03

Re: No ability to monitor the cue track with U-Mix Control Pro

Postby Marxon on 27 Aug 2012, 09:00

Welcome to the MixVibes community skelletor03!

You have to set one output (nr 1) to your desired U-Mix output (which is connected to your amp) and one output (nr 2) to your U-Mix headphone out.
Also set the routing mode to dualstereo. Now your Mix gets routed to your main output (nr 1). To monitor a deck, activate the monitor button for this deck then you should hear this deck through your headphones.

Best regards
Marxon
MEMBER OF:

:cool: People MV Society :cool:

FLAC Tag minority

---------------------------------------
Cross 3.0 / Producer 7.5 / Cross Remote App
Korg Zero 8, Kaoss Pad 3
Alesis AirFX
Roland SP303
Novation Remote SL 49 MK2
iPad 4
---------------
Midibox SEQUENCER V4
http://midibox.org/forums/gallery/album/164-marxon%C2%B4s-seq-v4/
Midibox SID V2 Synth
Marxon

Postby skelletor03 on 27 Aug 2012, 19:46

Marxon wrote:Welcome to the MixVibes community skelletor03!

You have to set one output (nr 1) to your desired U-Mix output (which is connected to your amp) and one output (nr 2) to your U-Mix headphone out.
Also set the routing mode to dualstereo. Now your Mix gets routed to your main output (nr 1). To monitor a deck, activate the monitor button for this deck then you should hear this deck through your headphones.

Best regards
Marxon

Thank you for the welcome, Marxon! I appreciate the reply.

I do need a little clarification, however. The audio tab in settings is currently set to "dual stereo" and the outputs (options 1 and 2) are set to the specifications mentioned in the support manual for the U-Mix Control Pro....something like U-Mix Control Pro 1/ U-Mix Control Pro 2 and then U-Mix Control Pro 3/ U-Mix Control Pro 4. I don't see any option within the pull-down menu to select headphones as the output. The two inputs in the settings Audio tab are also listed as U-Mix Control Pro 1 & 2, etc. with Line in as opposed to Phono.

I'm not sure what you mean by "NR 1" or "NR 2", but perhaps that would help clarify your directions. Also, I am only using one set of the jacks in the back/top of the U-Mix Control Pro (3/4 I believe) and those are connected directly to my amp. The controller itself is connected to my laptop via USB. My headphones are connected to the jack input on the bottom front of the controller.

Thanks!
skelletor03

Postby hemskoc on 27 Aug 2012, 20:56

Maybe have a look at this thread for further help :)http://forum.mixvibes.com/viewtopic.php?f=354&t=24400&start=10
Cheers
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby daniel clark on 27 Aug 2012, 23:26

:cool: you amp or audio signal come frome out put 1 and 2 ,,the monitor signal comes from output 3 and 4,,if you follow the wiring diagram when you have dual stero selected out put 1 (left and right ) goes to master and output 2 (left and right ( is routed to cue ,,, change the signal from your U-Mix Control Pro from 2(left and right ) to 1 ( left and right ) :cool: :cool: remember that you have two monitor volume controls ,,one in the gui and one on the front of the controller ,,,the same thing for the cue /master control in the gui and by the headphone volume controll on the front of the controller :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby skelletor03 on 28 Aug 2012, 02:57

hemskoc wrote:Maybe have a look at this thread for further help :)http://forum.MixVibes.com/viewtopic.php?f=354&t=24400&start=10
Cheers

Thank you! This looks helpful and I'll try and give it a try tonight. Just got some smaller Tannoy speakers I can try this out with rather than my larger ones. I may just have the output jacks reversed.
skelletor03

Postby daniel clark on 28 Aug 2012, 03:00

:cool: :cool: let us know :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby hemskoc on 28 Aug 2012, 03:44

skelletor03 wrote:Thank you! This looks helpful and I'll try and give it a try tonight. Just got some smaller Tannoy speakers I can try this out with rather than my larger ones. I may just have the output jacks reversed.

Yeah, there are a few things and ideas to try out - both on the U-Mix Control Pro outs and software settings, and also GUI settings for volume output aswell that may not be MIDI manipulated by the U-Mix Control Pro, and need a 'mouse tweak'. ;)
It is a little confusing at first setting up gear sometimes, but im sure you will work it out, and as Daniel asked, please post how you fixed your problem ;)
Welcome to Mixvibes :)
Cheers

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby skelletor03 on 28 Aug 2012, 06:37

Thanks guys! Problem fixed! It turned out that it was the output jacks that I had mismatched. I was using the 3/4 left and right jacks for my amp rather than the 1/2 jacks. After that I just fiddled around with the headphone Mix/Cue knobs and I was set. Nothing software related as far as I can tell.

Many thanks again for your advice and suggestions!

-Ben
skelletor03

Postby hemskoc on 28 Aug 2012, 13:29

Fantastic News. Happy spinning :) :mrgreen:
Cheers

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
U-Mix Control Pro 2