Cross with another USB audio interface

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross with another USB audio interface

Postby WuuB on 13 Jun 2012, 20:28

Thanks Christian. I really appreciate your help. I believe it's something to do with the connection between the mixer's "master out" and my soundcard's "line in". Something isn't correct there (maybe the cable is mono cable or something ((could it be?))). I now realized that when I play vinyls (not the time coded, ordinary vinyls) the left deck is not giving any sound at all. Either the input of the soundcard is a mono input or something or the cable is wrong. I don't know if it even matters but correct me if I'm wrong.

And with "only the lyrics" I mean that the sound is like really f**ed up. I can't explain it.
WuuB

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jun 2012, 20:40

hey,

when the second deck has no sound also when playing vinyl it sounds like the connection between U46Mk2 and your Mixer for Ouput 3/4 (Output pair 2) is not correct. The sound between Mixer and LINE IN is stereo because it is playing your MIXED sound from the mixer to the speakers (over the computer).

so check the second connection of the U46 to your mixer, there should be the issue.
Also check if the MIxer has Channel Input leds if there is a signal comming. also check via HEadphone the sound from the cue of that channel.
I think there is the issue not the LINE source.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby WuuB on 13 Jun 2012, 20:53

The inputs of the mixer and the U46MK are fine. The sound coming in to the mixer is fine. I connect my headphones in to the mixer and the sound is fine and the mixer works. The problem is gotta be either between the mixer and the soundcard or with the audio settings. This is what I belive.
WuuB

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jun 2012, 20:57

Okay that sounds like the cable is not okay or the audio setup for the second soundcard is not correct. I can't help you at this point that is your problem to solve. It could be the cable or the audio routine. Check this and I think than it will work well.

Have fun with Cross and also let us know when you have a mix online.

Regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby WuuB on 13 Jun 2012, 21:04

Yes!!!

I got it working when I plugged the mixer into my PC's soundcard and did some changes in the audio settings. This reveals us that the problem was with the usb soundcard's line input. Thank you all for your help especially Christian. It works now and I'm happy with that even tho I didn't manage to wire it through the new soundcard. :surprised:
WuuB

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jun 2012, 21:27

No problem and have fun with MixVibes and let us know if you have problems again.

Regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Previous

Return to Community Support