Cross with another USB audio interface

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross with another USB audio interface

Postby WuuB on 10 Jun 2012, 20:43

Hello

The reason why I didn't post this on the support forums is that I can't for some reason and I'd like a quick response. I have been using mixvibes Cross for a while now and just recently bought a Focusrite Scarlett2i2 - usb audio interface. Now I can't get my Cross to work mainly because I don't know the correct routing I should do. The thing is I have both the U46MK2 and the Scarlett connected to my PC with usb and my speakers connected to the scarlett. I used to route my mixer into my computers line in and it worked just fine but now I don't know if I should route it to the computer or the Scarlett. When routed to the computer I can't get any sound out of the Cross no matter what settings I use and when routed to the scarlet's line in I get extremely bad sound that plays only at the left speaker. When I select the split mono setting at the Cross setup my mixer plays only the left track.

Please help me. I know someone should know what is the correct routing or can I even use another audio interface at the same time with the U46MK2. I wouldn't like to switch my monitors into my computer everytime I wanna play records.

Thanks in advance and please don't delete this thread only because I didn't post it on the support forum.
WuuB

Re: Cross with another USB audio interface

Postby daniel clark on 10 Jun 2012, 21:21

:cool: :cool: :?: :?: what are you trying to accomplish by using this scarlett sc :idea: :idea: are you trying to use it too record your mixes,,whats the purpose of having two sc hooked up :?: :?:
"i would like to switch my monitors when i would like to play my records :idea: :idea: doesnt the line in function in the software work :idea:
you gave information and exactly what you are trying to accomplish is un clear :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby BennyB on 11 Jun 2012, 14:06

Can you do a drwaing, so we can see what you wanted as a routing.

You can attach the drawing picture with the "Upload Attachment" tab under the messege editor.
I think it is easier to see that read what you want to do.
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby christiankoopmann on 11 Jun 2012, 17:38

Hey,

and to your first issue, no access to the support section (writing posts) please do the following steps:

1. Use this link: http://forum.mixvibes.com/ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies
2. delete all cookies from your browser and also cache if possible
3. open the forum page again and log in again.
4. test to write here
5. If not please contact us.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby WuuB on 13 Jun 2012, 18:18

Here are the pictures of my old setup (that worked) and new setup (that doesn't work). Sorry if they don't make any sense, I can draw them in more detail if you insist.

The problem. I got a new usb soundcard and my monitors are connected into it. However, I also need the U46MK2 usb interface connected into my PC to use the time coded vinyls. I just don't know how to connect all the hardware and how to setup the sound settings correctly. The Cross program reads the vinyls and works but I just can't get any sound out. The question mark in the picture is the wire from the mixer's "master out". I tried connecting it to the line in of the PC and to the usb soundcard's line in. When connected into the usb soundcard I can hear the sound but it's like only the left side of the stereo track or something.

I'm just completely clueless with this thing and I apologise if I didn't make any sense this time either. I hope the pictures help tho. :(
New Setup.jpg

Old setup.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WuuB

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jun 2012, 18:48

Hey,

are you getting sound through your speakers when you hear music with your computer without running Cross?

and an aspect. Connect the Line IN and then go to the audio preferences of windows and go to record devices select LINE IN and click on preferences. After that you get an new window there you select the intercept (sound through) section and select path through (or equal name because I use german system and have no idea how they translate it)

after that you should hear the sound though the line in.

regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby WuuB on 13 Jun 2012, 19:15

Yes, I can hear everything else just fine except the Cross program.

[quote="christiankoopmann"
Connect the Line IN and then go to the audio preferences of windows and go to record devices select LINE IN and click on preferences. After that you get an new window there you select the intercept (sound through) section and select path through (or equal name because I use german system and have no idea how they translate it)[/quote]

I have done it already. (Line in -> Listen to this device "check" ). Do you mean line in of the usb soundcard or the line in of my PC's integrated soundcard?
WuuB

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jun 2012, 19:19

Should work both. For better performance it would be better to use the external device if the device has an LINE IN function.
Also please check that you select the right output device at the route through option for the INPUT. It will only work when you select a specific output device.

regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby WuuB on 13 Jun 2012, 20:06

christiankoopmann wrote:Should work both. For better performance it would be better to use the external device if the device has an LINE IN function.
Also please check that you select the right output device at the route through option for the INPUT. It will only work when you select a specific output device.

regards
Christian

Thank you for your help. I can hear the music now but there is still a problem. I am playing a track on the other deck and I can only hear the lyrics of the song :D. I know this sounds stupid but yes... only the lyrics. I wonder if it's something to do with the wire or settings (mono stereo something I don't know). :D
WuuB

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jun 2012, 20:13

Check your audio connection between u46 and Mixer and also if the mixer is not set correct. or what exactly do you mean with only lyrics? I interpretatet it like you only hear the "high" tone? No Bass?

Normaly you should hear the same like the other deck because you are mixing the sound on your mixer and it is at this point on one channel to the computer and from there to your speakers.

So check the Routine in Cross and the connection to you mixer. Maybe a broken cable or not right connected (connected but no phyiscal contact between the mixer and cable).

regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Next

Return to Community Support