controller not coming online/reconized

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

controller not coming online/reconized

Postby daniel clark on 08 May 2012, 02:49

:cool: :cool: i guess its my turn now,, as topic above states the controller is not getting reconized/not comming on line,, as others no matter what senerio i try it will not come online/be reconized...the only solution is to restart the computer and it will come on line,,but after that all attempts to get it online fails,, has too be a usb issue ,,and any ideas on how to resolve this :?: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Re: controller not coming online/reconized

Postby christiankoopmann on 08 May 2012, 08:51

Hey,

Have you checked if some changes where happened? Like windows updates and so on? Was the controller runnin and then surdendly stopped working and no light nothing will on the controller work now?

Please check also for new updates of your chipset, this can help sometimes to update to the newest version.

Regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby daniel clark on 08 May 2012, 10:49

:cool: :cool: did move the usb connection to one of the connection on the back of the computer ,but then it was still connecting/coming on line,,it has always powered up,,its just that some times ,more now than not its not coming online ,,the one thing that will get it online is a computer restart..one thing to mention is that there are two other tabs in the MIDI page both for the sound blaster MIDI inputs ,one comes on line every time,,, :?: :?:
i do not think its a controller malfunction i think its along the lines of the path that the controller uses to reach the software is not being seen by the software at times :eek:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Hannes on 08 May 2012, 11:39

sounds like the MIDI driver isnt loaded or blocked by some other driver you mentioned.

i´m not shure if it´s possible but christian shurely knows how and if, so i suggest you try changing the priority of the drivers within windows.

there´s something similiar happening quite often with pcmcia cards that arent following the rules/specs and therefor will block a whole port.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby simdesba on 19 May 2012, 16:39

I have actually the same problem with my MAC. When I start Mixvibes and I connect my MIDI (U controller PRO) just after, the software does not recognise the controller. How can I handle it ? I restarted my MAC and tried every single settings whitout any results.

Thank you for the help!
simdesba

Postby daniel clark on 19 May 2012, 16:55

:cool: :eek: :twisted: still at a impass with mine,, still trying to get it sorted :frown: no clear reason or ryhm as to why,,posted eariler that i did change the usb port ,but initialy it still was reconized,, when it start not comming online i also tried every possible combination of actions to figure out what will get it online,,hoping someone with the knoweldge and info as to how Cross is programed to reconize the MIDI controller would give some insight,,dont know about the possibilities of having a refresh function,or a switch to get it on line,,but what i got is not working also :cool: its hit and miss to get it online,,every sitituation is different ,,if you could also give some info as to set up ie spec of computer ,also if any other usb items are being used and any info that might give a clue to help with a solution, maybe a collective effort to get this resolved will proceed, and future users will have a solution :cool: :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Hannes on 19 May 2012, 18:26

Hi Dan, Di you use the on/off switch, or do you leave it on always?
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby daniel clark on 19 May 2012, 18:41

:cool: thanks j cut,,going to get long and winded, try to give all info :!: original way for start up is turning on before booting up Cross ,worked fine, even after the usb cord/plug movement.,.have three way to turn on Cross ,open/run as admin/run in game booster.,,(i turn off controller after closing Cross)having issues when trying to get controller to be reconized at any of thease three start points, have tried waiting for Cross to boot and get the window to plug in and pwr up controller ,Again in all three start up options,and pwr up controller.not coming on line,. most times it will come on line if i start the controller while booting up Cross if i time turning it on while Cross is booting up, the most reliable option is to restart the computer and get it online the normal way,,other info,,have a sound blaster sc that has MIDI capabilities and the Cross software sees two MIDI tabs for thease and the main one always is online ... :cool: :cool: havent pressed the issue because my software usage is not along the lines of a working DJ for gigs,just for enjoyment,,,
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Support@MixVibes on 21 May 2012, 11:55

1st thing to check is does the controler being seen by the device manager of the computer.
Next step, check if the computer is receiving MIDI commands (PC : midiox / mac : midipipe).
If you can see MIDI codes coming into your computer then it's ok for the hardware side.

Last thing check into Cross MIDI that you're using the correct input tab (sometimes many MIDI devices are detected) and that you have the proper mapping associated with the device.
Support@MixVibes

Postby daniel clark on 21 May 2012, 12:05

Support@MixVibes wrote:1st thing to check is does the controler being seen by the device manager of the computer.
Next step, check if the computer is receiving MIDI commands (PC : midiox / mac : midipipe).
If you can see MIDI codes coming into your computer then it's ok for the hardware side.

Will look imto first oppunity :up:

Last thing check into Cross MIDI that you're using the correct input tab (sometimes many MIDI devices are detected) and that you have the proper mapping associated with the device.

Yes have verfied that it is on the correct MIDI tab and proper MIDI mapping is also selected :lol:
there are two other MIDI tabs avaible , ,@-SB X-Fi MIDI port[BC00} and creative MIDI port,,the first online and the second off lineall three i have tabed for umixcontrolpro MIDI mapping
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor