ID3 Tags are not updated by Mixvibes. Help.

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

ID3 Tags are not updated by Mixvibes. Help.

Postby redsun1979 on 22 Apr 2012, 21:29

Hi,

From the Manual: "Cross can write the changes you make either to the collection file only, or to the
collection file and to the tags of your audio track files. You can configure whether
Cross shall write the changes to the file tags or not on the Preferences/General
dialog by checking or unchecking the option Save changes in Tags."

I have tried to get Cross to update the ID3 tags of my track files by giving a star rating to each track in the collection screen (the save changes in tags box is checked). When I navigate via windows explorer to the tracks none of their id3 tags are changed. I have tried this with many different tracks and get the same result. It appears that the rating information is only stored in the collection. If I deletethe collection and re add the collection all of the ratings are gone again. Im using Cross DJ 1.7.1 on Windows Vista. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Redsun
redsun1979

Re: ID3 Tags are not updated by Mixvibes. Help.

Postby daniel clark on 22 Apr 2012, 21:42

:cool: :cool: :idea: :?: are you looking for Cross to edit the original files and make changes to them,,i think you are looking for a file editor,,,are the changes made in Cross collection saved in the collection ,and i think if you delete the collection you have deleted the changes how can Cross see them again :?: more info as to what you are trying to accomplish :?: :?:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby redsun1979 on 23 Apr 2012, 04:14

daniel clark wrote::cool: :cool: :idea: :?: are you looking for Cross to edit the original files and make changes to them,,i think you are looking for a file editor,,,are the changes made in Cross collection saved in the collection ,and i think if you delete the collection you have deleted the changes how can Cross see them again :?: more info as to what you are trying to accomplish :?: :?:

Daniel. I want Cross to edit the original files. I am not looking for a file editor. The manual states (as I quoted in the original post) that mixvibes can edit the original track files to reflect changes you make. "Cross can write the changes you make either to the collection file only, or to the
collection file and to the tags of your audio track files. You can configure whether
Cross shall write the changes to the file tags or not"

I want to open Cross, open my collection, change the "star Rating" on a track and have that change carry over to the original track file stored on my hard drive. The manual claims this can be done but I have had no luck making it work. thanks for your help.
redsun1979

Postby Blackbrook on 23 Apr 2012, 07:56

Do you use Cross with administrator privileges? If so you are allowed to change the ID3 tags, if not, well then you do not have the rights to do so.
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Hannes on 23 Apr 2012, 08:34

Do you use iTunes?
There's a bug there with the tag updating
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby redsun1979 on 23 Apr 2012, 17:17

Blackbrook wrote:Do you use Cross with administrator privileges? If so you are allowed to change the ID3 tags, if not, well then you do not have the rights to do so.

BlackBrook, Good call on that. I went in and ran Cross as an administrator (which I had not been doing previously). I still could not change the tags in my files from Cross. I noticed that the folder I keep the tracks in was set to read only so I changed that to open and then continued to attempt changing tags via Cross. I am still not able to do so unfortunately. Good suggestions though as they got me to try a couple of other things. Keep them coming.

J-kut, I do not use iTunes but thank you for the tip.
redsun1979

Postby redsun1979 on 23 Apr 2012, 22:08

So im stuck at this point.
Im running Cross as an Admin. My tracks are read/writable. The write to tags box is checked in preferences. I open Cross and navigate to my collection. I change the star rating of a few different tracks to 5 or whatever number is appropriate. I close Cross and open my file folder that contains my tracks and check the ratings of the tracks I changed in the explorer. The tracks ratings are not changed. Has anyone else been able to make this work? Again I would like to point out that the user manual states that this can be done so surely someone can do this.

Carthage must be destroyed,
Redsun1979
redsun1979

Postby Support@MixVibes on 24 Apr 2012, 11:09

Check with a tag software like mp3tag.de
Support@MixVibes

Postby redsun1979 on 24 Apr 2012, 15:47

Support@MixVibes wrote:Check with a tag software like mp3tag.de

Why do you want me to download another program? I looked up this program it does not appear to be free and I dont see any reason to buy it. Maybe im misunderstanding but can you tell me how purchasing that will help solve my problem?

Thanks for you your help.
redsun1979

Postby yanndj on 24 Apr 2012, 16:48

Hi
Mp3 tag is free, though as they say "donation appreciated". The website can be a little confusing as it displays many "download" buttons that lead to downlaod other programs.
The direct link is http://download.mp3tag.de/mp3tagv250setup.exe

The purpose of this is to check if you can edit your file's tags with another program than Cross. This will allow to be sure that the problem doesn't come from your files system or your files themselves.
yanndj

Next

Return to Community Support