Cross V. 1.7.0. Dropouts during session and analyzing tracks

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross V. 1.7.0. Dropouts during session and analyzing tracks

Postby RayOne on 18 Apr 2012, 15:59

Hello,

since about half a year or so I´m experiencing crackling sounds and dropouts almost every session. I´ve been reading myself thru several forums concerning troubleshooting issues (switching off all unneccesary drivers, progs, apps, etc.).

I did what was recommended there regardless of what specific software one is using to optimize the computer as much as possible (seemingly succesful in the first place)

My System is Windows 7 HP SP 1 64 Bit. 2 GHZ processor & 4 GB of RAM. It´s an Samsung R510 Driton 15" notebook which should actually handle the program properly.

I don´t know but I think it is not normal that the analyzing of o n e single track takes almost as long as the duration of the current track which is played...(couldn´t find out how I could possibly disable analyzis) UK46MKII´s latency is 256 and within Cross 1.7.0. its the same value using MV´s very own ASIO Driver.

So unfortunately the issue simply won´t disappear...It really get´s on my nerves heavily...! What else can I do? I really need help with that - seriously!! Looking forward to really helpful suggestions in that matter to hopefully finally fix the problem for good!

Thanks a lot & best Regards!

Ray

a.k.a.

DJ Rayone

http://soundcloud.com/djrayone
RayOne

Re: Cross V. 1.7.0. Dropouts during session and analyzing tracks

Postby Hannes on 18 Apr 2012, 16:44

Have you tried Cross 1.7.1?

Also when analysing, open the taskmanager and see what the cpu-load is like and how many cores are shown.

When say analysis takes almost as long as the track´s duration is, it sounds to me there´s something wrong with your PC in the first place.
even on my netbook (1,07ghz Dualcore) it wouldnt take longer than ten seconds fo a song.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby RayOne on 19 Apr 2012, 01:53

Hey J-Kut,

thanks for your urgent reply! And, yes, I deinstalled v. 1.7.0. and replaced it with v. 1.7.1. but it still seems to remain the main problem (Analyzis Duration) like you mentioned.

Again: this issue never happened before about approximately half a year - and I´m using the program since 2009. And - be insured - all other audio/video applications run well!

Although I got no explanation for that problem because - like I mentioned before - everything was working pretty good -Besides having applied and following nearly all related troubleshooting recommendations - I still don´t know what´s going wrong with my configuration...

I really would be grateful to get some serious suggestions by some experienced users or admins to finally fix the problem...

Maybe there is a (hidden) way to disable analyzing tracks (at all) , because this one seems to be a major issue in this matter (CPU Usage very high while it´s processing as shown in the Task Manger!) like I told you before...So, if yes, let me know how I could/can maintain it. Thanks!

Best Regards Again

DJ RayOne
http://soundcloud.com/djrayone
e-mail: darayman*************
RayOne

Postby Poertsch on 19 Apr 2012, 02:24

I was reading your problem and maybe I can help you out. In most oft our situations the power management of your PC will makes those drop outs.
I my situation when i was starting to work with Cross i was testing my system in fact when i use it with the program "dpclat".

This is a kind of latency tester in time when your system is running.
The first and the biggest adjustment what do you have to check ist. That all USB connectors are not controlled by Windows. You can check this when you will go into Hardware Configuration go to your USB Connectors and with right klick you can see if Windows will control them. If so pleas disable this and leave them run without windows control.
The second and the most important Problem is the ACPI Power management. You will find this also in the Hardware configuration. klick with the right mouse button on it and say deactivated. This will stop the power communication between OS Board. This makes a lot of drop outs in time when you use your PC.

After i was change this settings my system have no more drop outs in any kind of situation when i was use my Laptop.

I hope it helps.

Poertsch
ImageDJ of the month: June 2011

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
Poertsch

Postby christiankoopmann on 19 Apr 2012, 08:52

Hey,

I hope j-kut and poertsch information help you.
I edit your post and removed the last digits of your mail address. Please don't post those information on a public forum where everyone can read it. otherwise you will maybe get some spam ;). If someone will contact you or some of us want to contact you outside the forum via PM it is much better and more personal.
And additional question from me: hiave you installed all the Samsung applications or are they uninstalled some of them are running all the time in background like the power or WLAN tool. To disable them you gave to uninstall them (deactivation will not stop the services in background)

Regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby KevMaverick on 19 Apr 2012, 11:30

Is it analysing tracks every time you load them? Once I load a track for the first time I don't need to do it again.

Perhaps if you scanned all of your collection at a convenient time, then the tracks won't need to be analysed when you actually load them to do a mix.

(I've just checked this - I added a new track, analysed it, and then I closed the program. When I restarted the program and loaded the same track it did it instantly without re-analysing it.) :biggrin:
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
KevMaverick

Postby John Wo_O on 19 Apr 2012, 16:38

the specs look fine indeed but what else is running in the background? is it a laptop dedicated to DVS or is it also used for surfing, gaming or whatnot?

did the problem appear with a specific version? you seem to say that it used not to do that before?

There are many reasons that can cause these dopouts even on a high spec laptop, whereas they might as well never happen on a lower specced computer that would be configured properly.

sorry for the questionnaire, I'm just trying to rule out a few things :)
John Wo_O

Postby BennyB on 19 Apr 2012, 17:07

Well, it is a Netbook so possibly there is an Atom CPU in there, which is good for net surfing not for DJing.

Atom CPU-as are low-power-comsumption CPU-s to deliver speed with long lasting battery, but very unstable andf not capable of doing hard jobs on many strings...

And Netbook-s are not designed to handle DJ stuff...
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby Hannes on 19 Apr 2012, 17:18

it´s not about a netbook, I was giving reference to a low sepc PC.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby RicHendrik on 19 Apr 2012, 18:37

Here is à usefull tip,i guess. download This program "Gamebooster"
It's free, when you installed it rightclick on the mixvibes Shortcut,
En click run with Gamebooster.
Gamebooster wil run mixvibes and shuts down an optimize Your computer for the best performance.
After you're done, exit mixvibes.
And Gamebooster will bring Your computer back in normal mode.
(hope this helpes à bit)

RicHendrik
RicHendrik

Next

Return to Community Support