Collection Locked

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Collection Locked

Postby dahurd on 02 Apr 2012, 20:07

Since moving to a new laptop I am having a problem with my collection.

Obviously I now have to re-analyse all of my tracks.

I start the analysis but at somre time during the analasys the Cross program freezes. I think this is something to do with corrupted tracks. So no problem, I can analyse playlists one by one if I have to but I am still having problems.

Once the analysing freezes there is notyhing to do but force the program to close. Then if I try to re-open the collection I get a message about the database veing locked or being used by another process......
dahurd

Re: Collection Locked

Postby christiankoopmann on 02 Apr 2012, 20:21

Hey,

have you copied your peak files from the old laptop to the new one? if not Cross will analyse them again.

When Cross is crashing at a file your file could be locked of an not completly closed process. For this you need to reboot the computer this should fix this problem.
Is it a special file or a special media codec which crashes Cross? need some more information to help with this problem.

When the GUI is freezing it is not a allways a problem. Cross is stopping to refresh the GUI when the power of the CPU is near the end so the sound is working normal and the GUI will work after completing the process.

So please give us more details and we will be able to help.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby dahurd on 02 Apr 2012, 20:28

Hi Christian, I was going to copy the old files but the external hard drive I was using broke.

I am only copying MP3's & MP4's I dont know what a Codec is.

Anyhow, I will try to re-boot the PC for now & see how it goes.
dahurd

Postby Jim B on 02 Apr 2012, 20:44

Just copy the "Peak" folder from your old laptop and place it at the same location on your new Laptop.

To find the Peak folder, first allow hidden folders/files to be viewed, then follow this path

Docs & Settings > User name > AppData > Roaming > MixVibes > Cross > Peak

Copy the Peak folder onto a USB drive and paste it to the exact same location on your new Laptop

This way you will not have to re-analyse for tracks again ;)

(Btw this is for Windows)
Jim B

Postby dahurd on 02 Apr 2012, 20:50

Thanks Jim B but for now as I don't have a USB or external drive I am going to re analyse & see how I go!
dahurd

Postby BennyB on 03 Apr 2012, 10:08

Most of the Mp4-s crash Cross, because they simetimes has video information tags, or something like that and can not analise them. I had some problems with mp4-s, so I try not to use them.

christiankoopmann wrote:
When the GUI is freezing it is not a allways a problem. Cross is stopping to refresh the GUI when the power of the CPU is near the end so the sound is working normal and the GUI will work after completing the process.

I was wondering how Cross do it. Now I know. So I don't have to worry again that much :)
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Re: Moving Collection: Locators

Postby BoldFaceType on 20 Jun 2012, 19:04

This is all in regards to Cross DJ 1.7!

I'm trying to move my collection from my Desktop PC (listed) to a laptop PC (brand new, specs are robust).

I can import the desktop collection DB just fine, but none of the music is on this laptop, so I copied 100 or so songs to the desktop and imported them into iTunes just fine, but in Cross nothing shows up in iTunes even when I press refresh (new iTunes doesn't seem to have a "iTunes Media" folder, just an 'Automatically Added folder which is empty).

Most importantly I can relocate a track on the new laptop (as long as it's not in iTunes), but it doesn't contain any of my locators (new file path??? old DB has been loaded) How can I fix this so I don't lose all my locators?

TIA,

BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- SP1 Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.40GHz,
- 8.00 GB (3.86 GB usable), 64-bit os

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR
Technics SL1200 MK2 (Shure M44-7)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013)
Apple iPhone 6
U-Mix Control Pro 2 (semi-retired)
BoldFaceType

Postby christiankoopmann on 20 Jun 2012, 19:10

Hey,

copy also all peak files from your desktop PC to the laptop and set the folder under preferences to that new position. Then check if the locators are thair.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Return to Community Support