recording!

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

recording!

Postby DjCzar on 09 Mar 2012, 23:50

So this has happend to me twice. I start recording a mix and then for some reason when im done with the recording and naming it and designating it on a file. for some reason nothing records unless im not using any records or cd's. why is that? this has happened to me 2 times so far. can anyone help me or am i missing a step.
DjCzar

Re: recording!

Postby daniel clark on 10 Mar 2012, 00:10

:cool: :cool: how are you set up to record, external mixer mode will not record the mix,because it not routed back throught the software (final mix),a little bit more info as to how you are set when its not recording :cool: :cool:

:idea: here is one of the tutorials on recordinga mix
viewtopic.php?f=371&t=11973
there is also pleanty of info in the user manualthere is a updated version of this manual also on the product page
http://www.mixvibes.com/content/support ... umentation

any other help will be avaible with a little bit more infofrom yourself as to your setup :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby DjCzar on 10 Mar 2012, 02:25

So i need to route back from my mixer to my audio interface? but i thought there is only 2 in's?
DjCzar

Postby daniel clark on 10 Mar 2012, 07:25

:cool: :cool: you mis understood my post . read the user manual and please give info as to your setup to help us give proper answers :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Psykadelik on 19 Mar 2012, 01:46

With the way Cross is designed, you can't record your mixes within Cross itself like you could in Mixvibes DVS. If you want to record your mixes and you have an extra USB port, You could by a Behringer UCA202 for about $35 and use either a DAW such as Live, Cubase, Reaper, etc. if you have one, or use Audacity which is free. Connect the booth out from the mixer to the UCA202, hit record on your program (the ones I mentioned), and mix away.

I used this method for one of my productions and it worked.

Just a thought.

EDIT: An oversight on my part, you can by an RCA to 3.5mm cable, connect it to the LINE IN of your laptop and use Audacity as suggested by j-kut in another thread.
2 Stanton ST-150 + 2 Ortofon Concorde QBert + Vestax PMC-08Pro

ADK 1Q AR
Intel Corei7 620M 2.66 GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB HD
512 MB ATI Radeon Graphics
Echo Audiofire8
Psykadelik

Postby BennyB on 25 Mar 2012, 13:06

To make things clear:

If you use the in-built mixer interface in Cross (Dual stereo mode), you can record the master output within Cross.
This records stuff inside the software, right before the data is routed out to the soundcard, so even if the soundcard is glitching the record should be flawless.
Using this, you don't need any record devices, Cross handels it, and saves it. You can check the Preferences/ Record tab to see the format and the filepath.

In External-Mixer mode, you mix with a mixer connected to a soundcard, so you need to record your Mixer's output, you can't record using Cross.
YOu need a recording device. I suggest to youse a standalone recorder (American Audio Pocket Record), so it won't use performance on your PC, and because they are battery powered, the eliminate most of the noise.

For internal recording in Cross, you can use a controller, and timecode devices but the key thing mentioned above, is to use the mixer inside Cross.

Cheers: DzsoniB the talking Cross manual :lol:
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Return to Community Support