U-Mix 44 work then stop

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: U-Mix 44 work then stop

Postby BennyB on 22 Feb 2012, 23:32

RedKartel wrote:Thanks you for the tips, works great now!

Glad that it works now :) Enjoy it ;)

:cool:
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby RedKartel on 22 Mar 2012, 14:25

Hi guys,

I'm coming back to you cause of new troubles...

The mixvibes driver makes my laptoop crash or have soundcard stability issues (work for approx 5 minutes then stop, multiple plugback needed in order to make it work again for 5 minutes or so...).

I've tried to reinstall from scratch both soundcard & asio4all drivers in different orders and rebooting between steps without sucess. Windows7 don't listen at all and keep using a generic driver instead of mixvibes one.

I've also tried to force Windows to use mixvibes driver by choosing it myself but can't find any .inf file in driver install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\MixVibes\Drivers\U-MIX44)

I'm thinking it's some sort of "fight" between WDM & VDJ using 2 drivers at the same time on 1 card making the USB manager to stop the device.

Any tips to force windows using the mixvibes driver instead of microsoft generic one?
RedKartel

Postby Support@MixVibes on 22 Mar 2012, 14:56

:eek: I'm not sure you understand what you're doing (or trying to).

The device need to be handled by the Windows drivers to be usable by the system.
The asio drivers, is a layer that came after.

So if you don't have inf file to handle your device, the asio will never work because they're looking for a device installed by the inf from the oem installation of Windows.

You don't need to use WDM at all because you should use the asio to get full control of the multiple ins/outs of the soundcard.

The drivers don't make your computer crash, something is crashing between the drivers and the soundcard.

RedKartel wrote:The troubles:
I have crackles on both output while using Virtual DJ 6 with vinyl timecode setup, MixVibesAsioUMix44 audio driver selected. After a short moment of smooth running it stops, no more timecode signal.
Unplug and plug it back doesn't fix the probleme. I hear the usb plug-in/plug-out windows sound without touching the soundcard usb plug when it becomes unstable with only u-mix44 plugged-in

crackles : latency too low or computer in low performance profil scheme.
pulg-in/plug-out : sound. Usb connection issue. This have nothing to do with soundcard drivers. The hardware himself is acting weird.

I tryed multiple usb ports, rebooting the laptop, reinstall both asio and mixvibes driver, and made sure of no usb power managing.

Checking motherboard:chipset/usb drivers ? BIOS update ?

I'm thinking of some compatibility issues with my built-in sound card wich is 5.1 emulated (IDT HD Audio).

Easy to see : de activate internal soundcard.

From Asio control panel the u-mix44 is not listed as a device, and from window's devices control panel u-mix44 use a microsoft driver but I find no way to make windows use the mixvibes driver.

What is the U-Mix44 panel saying ? Does he see the U-Mix 44 ?
Support@MixVibes

Postby RedKartel on 22 Mar 2012, 16:06

Support@MixVibes wrote::eek: I'm not sure you understand what you're doing (or trying to).

The device need to be handled by the Windows drivers to be usable by the system.
The asio drivers, is a layer that came after.

So if you don't have inf file to handle your device, the asio will never work because they're looking for a device installed by the inf from the oem installation of Windows.

You don't need to use WDM at all because you should use the asio to get full control of the multiple ins/outs of the soundcard.

The drivers don't make your computer crash, something is crashing between the drivers and the soundcard.

Ok so you're telling me this soundcard doesn't have a "brand driver" and use microsoft generic one. Good point so.

Support@MixVibes wrote:crackles : latency too low or computer in low performance profil scheme.
pulg-in/plug-out : sound. Usb connection issue. This have nothing to do with soundcard drivers. The hardware himself is acting weird.

I've fixed the crackles issue, but the soundcard keep plug/unplug without physical action of my own, all the usb ports are working properly.

Support@MixVibes wrote:Checking motherboard:chipset/usb drivers ? BIOS update ?

All up to date

Support@MixVibes wrote:Easy to see : de activate internal soundcard.

Did so, no impact.

Support@MixVibes wrote:What is the U-Mix44 panel saying ? Does he see the U-Mix 44 ?

It says u-mix44 connected, but when stability issue occure the card is displayed from time to time in the device manager

VDJ 7 configuration is OK

I'm out of ideas to fix that...
RedKartel

Postby Support@MixVibes on 22 Mar 2012, 17:18

I had a new laptop doing so one day. They change the motherboard one week after buying. Now it is working.
The usb ports was ok for them because they could copy/read/write files from a usb thumbdrive, but in fact they wasn't fine.

From your answer it could be a defective unit : is it the motehrboard, is it the U-Mix44 ? You'll need to test it on another computer to be sure.
Support@MixVibes

Postby RedKartel on 22 Mar 2012, 19:31

Thanks for the last check idea.

The card seem to work perfectly on my old laptop.
Thank you for your help ^^

Update: for other users having this issue, using a usb hub with external alimentation bypass the chipset/usb port incompatibility and makes the soundcard work normaly.
Make sure you take a hub with USB2/3 support to have the lowest latency if you like scratching as I do.

Cheers :)
RedKartel

Previous

Return to Community Support