My controller won't work, help...

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: My controller won't work, help...

Postby Jim B on 09 Feb 2012, 22:41

Have you tried to install the device on a different USB port?
Jim B

Postby daniel clark on 10 Feb 2012, 00:08

:cool: :cool: is it a safe assumption to say that your freinds o s is xp sp3 also,,,, :?: :?:
have you check that the MIDI mapping is selected :?: :?:
:?: :?: have you tried to stop all the other services down ie wifi,web cam , anti vires ,, in essence trying to optimize the computer for the sound software :?: there is a tuturioal on how to optimize xp for better performance :?:
:eek: :eek: grasping a straws,,,
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Swazi on 10 Feb 2012, 22:48

Thanks for all the suggestions. It is my daughters birthday today so I'm going to give it a rest for a few days. I do have it all working on my wifes laptop so that will keep me entertained for the weekend. I do however want to figure out the problem on my PC at some stage and will give all the suggestions a go.

Swazi
Poker doesn't separate the men from the boys, it separates the losers from their money...
Swazi

Postby Swazi on 11 Feb 2012, 13:29

Have set up everything on the laptop and played with it this morning. BRILLIANT, absolutely loved it. Now to get to grips with everything and get a mix recorded.

Thank you Mixvibes, you have a new fan :D
Poker doesn't separate the men from the boys, it separates the losers from their money...
Swazi

Postby daniel clark on 11 Feb 2012, 13:32

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:what was the solution :!: what was the differences,there are others that are encountering the same issue :!: :cool: :cool:

:eek: :cry: sorry mis understood ,,didnt relize that this was your wife computer you were talking about :cry: :cry:
Last edited by daniel clark on 12 Feb 2012, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Swazi on 11 Feb 2012, 19:05

Ah, sorry about the misunderstanding. The problem of working the controller on my PC remains :( , I've managed to work it on my wife's laptop. Sadly, she takes her laptop to work with her which is when I would like to mix. I still want to try and sort out the problem on my PC but will only try again during the week when she is at work.
Putting it on the laptop was just so I could at least give the gear a go over the weekend.
If I ever get it figured out, I'll be sure to post here about how I did it. I'm sure that there is going to be a lot more frustration in store for me before I get there, and I'll be sure to share that too.
Swazi

Postby daniel clark on 12 Feb 2012, 03:34

:cool: :cool: we might need to start at square one ,not there to see realize the subtle differences ,between what working and not ,so somewhere you have the info to help us figure it out,,,,, :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Swazi on 12 Feb 2012, 18:00

Have you installed the driver with the control panel after plugin in the device?
Check that and if not please uninstall the device from the devicemanager and after that plug in and turn the device on again. Is the device than installed correctly?

It seems that you have a conflict with the device and the driver and the OS but you said that it worked perfect on your friends computer so the device is not broken.

Could you check the device is installed correctly? Please do some screenshots like from your devicemanager and volume control panel and post them here.

OK, the wife has gone to work and won't be back until thursday, so I'm back to trying to get everything working on my PC. I'm going to try the above and try get the relevant screen shots. Fingers crossed it works. I'll report back in a little while
Swazi

Postby daniel clark on 12 Feb 2012, 18:04

:cool: :cool: remember start a square one ,let us know any info to help, :cool: :mrgreen: not shure its a good thing or bad thing that the wife is away :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Swazi on 12 Feb 2012, 22:59

Ok, I've started from the beginning and reinstalled everything. Predictably, still no joy. we've compared the every detail on my computer to the same details on the laptop where everything does work and can see no difference at all. The device managers show the same USB devices plugged in and working, the driver info all matches up... we just can't see why Cross DJ and U-Mix Control volume panel shows the device as unplugged. everything else shows it plugged in and working properly.
My friend who has been puzzling over this with me works in IT and is stumped by the problem. We've tried every suggestion and still no joy. He has suggested I reinstall windows, sadly I don't know where the original disk is. (IT guy is watching TV now and is slightly miffed that I won't just download a cracked version of windows and install it, and that I keep referring to the forum)

I want to post screen shots but don't know how to. (I'd ask IT guy but he is sulking now because I've insulted his PC skills) I have the shots saved but can't figure out how to put them on the post. Do I have to host them on a site like Flickr and then link to them with the Img tab? Is there another way to attach them to the post?

Anyway, I've had enough of fiddling with this, I'm starting to drool on the keyboard and I think I need a beer... Thanks for all the help, I know it is a bit difficult when dealing with a computer dunce like me. :cry:
Swazi

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support