My controller won't work, help...

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

My controller won't work, help...

Postby Swazi on 08 Feb 2012, 21:29

Hello everyone. Yesterday I finally got my U-Mix Control Pro with the Cross DJ software. I've followed the setup instructions in the little booklet... Software & drivers are installed. I started up the software, entered the license key and then went to preferences to configure the audio. When I've selected the "Mixvibes ASIO U-Mix Control Pro" for the sound card, I'm told to plug it in and turn it on. I can't get past this point, despite pluggin in the device and switchi9ng it on and off numerous times, still nothing.

I've looked around on the forum for similar problems and possible solutions and have now gone and checked that I have the latest version of Cross (1.7.1), up to date drivers (1.0.3) and firmware (4.2) but still the same problem. It seems the computer/software won't pick up the controller/soundcard.

Any suggestions/questions?

Thanks
Swazi
Poker doesn't separate the men from the boys, it separates the losers from their money...
Swazi

Re: My controller won't work, help...

Postby christiankoopmann on 08 Feb 2012, 21:36

Hey,

what are the specs of the computer? and which OS you are using.

Is the device shown in the device manager of the computer?

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby Swazi on 08 Feb 2012, 23:58

Ah, good questions.

Intel pentium D, 2.66Ghz
Windows XP (SP3)
1 GB RAM

In device manager it is coming up as Composite USB device and also showing up in sound, video and game controllers as USB audio device.

I must add that a friend and I have just managed to get it functioning properly on his lap top, the problem is obviously with my computer.

Thanks
Swazi
Poker doesn't separate the men from the boys, it separates the losers from their money...
Swazi

Postby daniel clark on 09 Feb 2012, 00:18

:cool: :cool: :?: yes curious as to it being able to run on xp,,seem like your spec are up to speed and udates and firmware installed , :?: :?: did the latest driver install a volume panel :?: :?: and if you look in preferences/MIDI is the control pro listed as on line :?: :?: dose the screen pop up when starting the software looking for the controller :?: :?: if it is while you have the controller on then turn off and back on :?: :?: are the lights flashing when you turn it on :?: have you selected the mapping for the controller :?: :?: the next set of things to check is the differences you notice between the running system and yours ,thats the clue as to whats not happening :cool: if the minium requirement for the software include xp,, then it would be for someone with the experiences/knowledge to let you know that this is a issue :cool: any pertaint info ,should be posted so that support vibe will have the info to help you tommorow early am, :razz: sinces hes on freanch time :razz:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Swazi on 09 Feb 2012, 00:50

Oooh, lots of questions.

:right: Yes, there is a volume panel, it says "controller is not connected" (even though it is and is on)
:right: In the MIDI preferences it says "there are no devices available, please connect device"
:right: No screen pops up looking for the controller when I start up the software
:right: I've tried every conceivable combination of turning things on in different sequence. The lights all flash and everything appears as it should apart from actually being able to control the software with the controller.
:right: I'm not sure what you mean by selecting the mapping for the controller :(
:right: The friend who owns the laptop works in IT and has painstakingly compared what happens on his and what happens on mine and can't see a difference. He too is stumped by it all.
:right: XP (SP2) is the minimum requirement listed in the booklet.

Well, bed time now. Hopefully I'll figure it out tomorrow. Got to know when you are beat.

Thanks
Swazi
Swazi

Postby daniel clark on 09 Feb 2012, 01:00

Swazi wrote:Oooh, lots of questions.

:right: Yes, there is a volume panel, it says "controller is not connected" (even though it is and is on)
:?: :?: is it a mixvibes volume panel with a shortcut :?: :?:
:right: In the MIDI preferences it says "there are no devices available, please connect device"
:!: in the same MIDI preferences is mapping choices have you selected U-Mix Control Pro :?: :?:
:right: No screen pops up looking for the controller when I start up the software
:right: I've tried every conceivable combination of turning things on in different sequence. The lights all flash and everything appears as it should apart from actually being able to control the software with the controller.
:right: I'm not sure what you mean by selecting the mapping for the controller :( :idea: :idea: as above
:right: The friend who owns the laptop works in IT and has painstakingly compared what happens on his and what happens on mine and can't see a difference. He too is stumped by it all.
:right: XP (SP2) is the minimum requirement listed in the booklet.

Well, bed time now. Hopefully I'll figure it out tomorrow. Got to know when you are beat.

Thanks
Swazi

:?: can you check that the option for using mixvibes products at start up is checked , preferences/audio :mrgreen: :cool: :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby daniel clark on 09 Feb 2012, 01:38

:?: :?: is there wi fi installed on comp, web cam,,what other thing are connected by usb to comp, :?: :?: kinda ran out of :?: :?:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby christiankoopmann on 09 Feb 2012, 09:33

Hey,

Test the following situation:
1. Go to the device manager and go there to your audio device U-Mix Control Pro (U-Mix Control Pro) and say uninstall the device.
2. Unplug the device from the computer.
3. Uninstall th driver, do a registry clean up Oth ccleaner (please save the old registry to get a backup if something is broken after)
4. Install the driver and wait for the message you are ready to plug in the device (should be after the complete installation )
5. Plug in th device and turn it on and wait for recognizing th device and look if th correct drive will be installed.
6. Test in Cross DJ and report us.

Thanks
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby Swazi on 09 Feb 2012, 22:26

can you check that the option for using mixvibes products at start up is checked , preferences/audio

Yep, it was already checked.
is there wi fi installed on comp, web cam,,what other thing are connected by usb to comp, kinda ran out of

Yep, to all of the above... wifi, webcam, external hard drive, etc...
Test the following situation:
1. Go to the device manager and go there to your audio device U-Mix Control Pro (U-Mix Control Pro) and say uninstall the device.
2. Unplug the device from the computer.
3. Uninstall th driver, do a registry clean up Oth ccleaner (please save the old registry to get a backup if something is broken after)
4. Install the driver and wait for the message you are ready to plug in the device (should be after the complete installation )
5. Plug in th device and turn it on and wait for recognizing th device and look if th correct drive will be installed.
6. Test in Cross DJ and report us.

Done the uninstall and registry clean. The software disk installs Cross DJ and the drivers at the same time. There is no message prompting me to plug in the device. It just gives the option to launch Cross DJ at the finish of installation.
Still no joy, the computer/Cross DJ just won't find the controller. I plug it in, turn it on, the lights flicker around, power light stays on. Cross DJ says it's not plugged in and so does U-Mix Control Pro Control Pro volume panel...

I'm now frustrated and annoyed with this damn computer... time for a beer and some mind numbing in front of the idiot box (tv)

Swazi
Swazi

Postby christiankoopmann on 09 Feb 2012, 22:31

Have you installed the driver with the control panel after plugin in the device?
Check that and if not please uninstall the device from the devicemanager and after that plug in and turn the device on again. Is the device than installed correctly?

It seems that you have a conflict with the device and the driver and the OS but you said that it worked perfect on your friends computer so the device is not broken.

Could you check the device is installed correctly? Please do some screenshots like from your devicemanager and volume control panel and post them here.

Thanks
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Next

Return to Community Support