hi, new and need advice/help

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

hi, new and need advice/help

Postby towley15 on 27 Dec 2011, 01:42

hi there, new here and looking for a little bit of help, i am a beginner in all this, dabbled with some vinyl and a homemix cdj before and the iPhone app. i have got an ION discover DJ set with the mixvibes software, i have never used software before so is new to me, i no about the headphone issue and will be getting a usb sound card. but while playing around i basically am stumped by the SYNC button. i press it and tracks no were near sync. maybe some times and maybe after a few presses, then the tracks fall quickly out again. surely that is wrong? im assuming its me but cant find this problem anywhere, any help is greatly appreciated. cheers
dan
towley15

Re: hi, new and need advice/help

Postby christiankoopmann on 27 Dec 2011, 11:03

Hey,

what typ of music is it and is the file correct bpm analysed? The software can only helps you highlighning them but the computer system is not the best and not perfect ;) so check if the PBM and also the start point is set correctly that the song is analysed correct.
Second problem is when two songs have different BPMs it can slow down and speed up but not every song fits in the other song, special when you mix two genres together.

So give us an example like I want to mix two house songs one with 128PBM and one with 126 but it will not synced.

So what exactly is your problem there?
regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby towley15 on 27 Dec 2011, 14:48

Dnb, two songs one 87 one 88bpm but even 2 88bpm songs that mix well (done on phone app and cdj) but still run out of sync! When I play them they analyse. Press sync and there nowere near! Even if I'm messing with them and get them in time they still run out! And quickly too!
towley15

Postby christiankoopmann on 27 Dec 2011, 15:07

hey,

check at the options the range of the BPM analyse method. I don't know what currently is the standard but I would decrease the minimum PBM. This allows the program to check also lower BPMs.
With dnb I can't help you realy because I'm not playing this so I can only help with the generall problems.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby Blackbrook on 27 Dec 2011, 15:34

Change the analysation range to "fast (100 - 200)" and analyze it again. Afterwards it should work.
If your tracks are recorded from a Vinyl you should have in mind that every TT varies in speed with every turn so that you do not have a linear tempo as in a digital generated track!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blackbrook

Postby towley15 on 29 Dec 2011, 20:09

i tried it and still no joy, i will try and record it and show you, my settings page is different to yours also. could some one do me a screen shoot of the main (mixing) page please! something must be set wrong surely!
towley15

Postby Blackbrook on 29 Dec 2011, 20:19

You have a "special" version, it's Cross Discover DJ, right? If so there will be less people in here who own it and might post a screenshot. Did you try it with two bought tracks or track which were ripped from CDs?
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Return to Community Support