U-Mix Control Pro & acer netbook & sound drops

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

U-Mix Control Pro & acer netbook & sound drops

Postby frodek on 23 Nov 2011, 11:12

I trying to use my U-Mix Control Pro with my netbook Acer Aspire one, 2gb of ram. Only get a message: searching for soundcard, turning the decice on/off, nothing happens. What to do ? Also have problem with my main PC setup, the audio drops after 10-15 minutes, have to turn of U-Mix Control Pro to get sound again. plc help me :-)
frodek

Re: U-Mix Control Pro & acer netbook & sound drops

Postby christiankoopmann on 23 Nov 2011, 11:19

Hey,

To the main setup: disable the power saving for the USB ports then you should not get any drop outs for the sound card. 10 to 15 minutes is the interval where windows checks for power saving at any device.

To the NetBook You can install it on it but my experience is that it will not work quite well on the low powered net books. They are only for browsing or office work but not for high powered audio software. You can run Cross on it without any problems but it will not work with huge media bases or when scratching too much.
First please install the driver for the NetBook and also check if there is power saving enabled for USB ports. Maybe the USB power is not enough to run the U-Mix Control Pro on the ports then you need an external power supply for the U-Mix Control Pro.

Regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby Davmix on 23 Nov 2011, 11:41

I think too netbook is not the best way to run Mixvibes software :confused:
CDJ 850 / Denon DNX-600 / CDJ 850
Cross 2.4
Acer Aspire 7540 - AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300 2 GHz / 4 Go / 640 Go / TFT17.3 / Win 7 x64
Davmix

Postby frodek on 23 Nov 2011, 12:42

thank you all for your help:-) i will check these tips when i come home from work:-)

The netbook is just a test :-)

The main PC is running smoothly , just the "drops" is bugging me :-9

Thx again :-)
frodek

Return to Community Support