Upgraded: Vfx 1.2.2.3942 - No Audio :(

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Upgraded: Vfx 1.2.2.3942 - No Audio :(

Postby thriftshopxl on 17 Nov 2011, 18:53

Hi....

I finally updated to Vfx 1.2.2.3942 and now I have no audio output.

Cue button - No audio
Speaker output - No Audio

(Desktop audios can now be heard through Control soundcard now, which didn't happen with older version of Vfx, for example, now if I minimize Vfx and play any mp3 in WMP I can hear through speakers connected to Controller!!!)

VU meters on-screen show that there IS audio 'somewhere' and moving faders shows VU level increase/decrease accordingly - I just can't hear it.

When trying to configure manually:

In Preferences > Audio > Soundcard > ASIO Setup:

1 - LEFT > 1 - Not connected 1 and RIGHT > 2 - Not Connected 2
2 - LEFT > Blank and RIGHT >Blank

In this dialog box there are no other options.

Speakers work fine with other audio.
Headphones work fine with other audio.
Device Manager shows Vfx controller and have tried uninstalling/re-installing driver from here too.

What can it be? What else can I try?

I have uninstalled Vfx 1.2.2.3942 rebooted. Re-installed, rebooted but still same problem.

I have also noticed that I am now getting SYNC messages every 5 minutes or so when I move faders and have to sync them up constantly - this hardly ever happened with earflier versions...

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks/Merci.
thriftshopxl

Re: Upgraded: Vfx 1.2.2.3942 - No Audio :(

Postby Support@MixVibes on 17 Nov 2011, 19:09

For the audio, you don't have asio drivers any more that why you don't see any outputs into the setup, you need to re-install them : Vfx Control drivers

Concerning the MIDI take over there is no reason for a version doing it more than other as it is only based on differences between hardware and software position.
Support@MixVibes

Postby thriftshopxl on 17 Nov 2011, 23:05

I have sound now thanks to this fast, fast, fast information!

More problems arrived now though:

Many videos are just freezing (but sound is playing)

Getting lots of errors "Vfx does not support this file type and has to close it" - with videos that used to play ok. I only use H.264, VOB or MPEG2

Tried to catch the text from an error but it was only up for 5-6 seconds before Vfx crashed disappeared to desktop. Something like:

C:\path\path\path\"78,13compiler 3dx" then more text - I tried to print screen but JPEG is just a collage of broken video... Sorry I can't be more specific.

I'll try replicate it and repost.
thriftshopxl

Postby Support@MixVibes on 18 Nov 2011, 11:43

Can you tell me in what previous version those files were working properly ?
Always the same files ?
Also happen in automatic playlist mode with the same files ?
You can found crash events of Vfx into your Documents folder (may be beta version only not sure about public release).
Support@MixVibes

Postby thriftshopxl on 22 Nov 2011, 17:57

I am letting you know that I still have not been able to test the issues I mentioned earlier (I have a few other urgent, personal, non-VJ issues). I will, let you know as soon as it happens again with as much info as possible.

Many thanks for your reply.
thriftshopxl

Return to Community Support