ANY TIPS RE: SHARING U-Mix Control Pro BETWEEN LAPTOPS?

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

ANY TIPS RE: SHARING U-Mix Control Pro BETWEEN LAPTOPS?

Postby djblackwidow on 09 Nov 2011, 07:21

Question.
Is there any advice I should take in regarding sharing a U-Mix controller between 2 laptops? Obviously in the near future my DJ partner and I will eaach have out own. However, we have been spinning at the same events and sometimes back to back. I would like to know if there is anythign I should be warned about when moving the U-Mix Control Pro from one laptop to another during a live set. As long as we both have our Cross DJ software open - is there any issue with Cross DJ recognizing the controller while it is allready open? Or do I need to always attach the controller via usb and then open Cross DJ? I ask because re-starting the Cross DJ software, music file recognition, and mapping the controller can result in a delay that mkases me a bit nervous.

If anyone has a suggestion or tip it would be much appreciated - as I would rather not share a laptop.
Wendy :eek:
djblackwidow

Re: ANY TIPS RE: SHARING U-Mix Control Pro BETWEEN LAPTOPS?

Postby Support@MixVibes on 09 Nov 2011, 12:21

The software support hot plug & play. Some soundcard only need to be manually re-selected into the preferences/audio tab.
Support@MixVibes

Postby djblackwidow on 11 Nov 2011, 03:55

Sorry. My mistake. I am using a U-Mix Control Pro. Are you saying there are different sound cards in different U-Mix Control Pro controllers. Some which will allow hot plug and play and some that don't?

Wendy
djblackwidow

Postby Support@MixVibes on 11 Nov 2011, 11:55

It does support hot plug & play for any devices be it soundcard or MIDI controller.
I only said that for some soundcards you'll need to select them into the preferences section because even if they're available they won't be necessary selected.
Support@MixVibes

Return to Community Support