iTunes stops working now U-Mix controller plugged in

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: iTunes stops working now U-Mix controller plugged in

Postby Blackbrook on 18 Nov 2011, 09:26

This turns into a "How To" for beginners. Please don't let it drift that way! If you are searching for basic knowledge of deejaying you should ask friends
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby deRouge on 21 Nov 2011, 15:39

It's not a 'how to', been DJing for over 10 years, my point is that Cross has some how messed up iTunes operating as before. is that always the case? do i have to operate iTunes through Cross from now on? Shouldn't have to, surely! Cheers
deRouge

Postby Support@MixVibes on 21 Nov 2011, 16:30

Cross didn't do anything, your OS has... Cross doesn't manage other application behavior.
Support@MixVibes

Postby deRouge on 22 Nov 2011, 20:54

so back to the original question, how do i play iTunes normally through the controller? HELP PLEASE! It's like this: iTunes is playing, i can't hear it. I turn on the U-Mix controller (and therefore the soundcard that the tunes should come through) and iTunes stops working. is there no way that i can just play iTunes through the U-Mix sound card without having to operate iTunes through Cross? Thanks again guys
deRouge

Postby Blackbrook on 22 Nov 2011, 22:19

No offense but I think you did not get the point. You can access your iTunes playlists in Cross by clicking the iTunes logo - nothing else.
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 23 Nov 2011, 11:18

deRouge wrote:so back to the original question, how do i play iTunes normally through the controller? HELP PLEASE! It's like this: iTunes is playing, i can't hear it. I turn on the U-Mix controller (and therefore the soundcard that the tunes should come through) and iTunes stops working. is there no way that i can just play iTunes through the U-Mix sound card without having to operate iTunes through Cross? Thanks again guys

Yes by setting into your operating system the U-Mix Control Pro as the default soundcard, so any application will use the U-Mix Control Pro (or disable the internal soundcard).
Support@MixVibes

Postby deRouge on 30 Nov 2011, 13:39

Hi folks, i now have a definitive answer that i hope is of use to others: I have heard from a Mixvibes technician that this a problem faced with PCs. You cannot play your computer's sounds (youtube etc, any audio not coming through Cross) through a U-Mix controller - ie you HAVE to re-wire your setup each time. This is something to do with the driver that PCs use and something that Macs can deal with. Mixvibes are now aware of this issue and hopefully future driver updates can address the problem. But for now you simply have to re-route your phono cable from going through the U-Mix controller so it goes straight from PC to amp.
Thanks all for your help, we got there!
deRouge

Postby Support@MixVibes on 30 Nov 2011, 16:29

This is not true :

simply go into your windows setup and set the default playback audio device as the U-Mix Control Pro and all your computer sounds will go thru the U-Mix Control Pro.
Only the pair 1&2 is working.

No need to rewire, reinstall or other weird things. Just setup your windows.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 01 Dec 2011, 17:59

deRouge wrote:I have heard from a Mixvibes technician ...

Who is that guy?
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Previous

Return to Community Support