Importing files to Cross 1.6.1

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Importing files to Cross 1.6.1

Postby Boog Da Don on 02 Nov 2011, 00:27

hi

ihave had an issue with this since i first got Cross. with DVS i had no troubles improting music. however with Cross it seems there are files that i can not import and when i try import them Cross crashes and closes down. at first i thought it was the installation gone wrong so i reinstalled it. but the problem kept occuring, i then figured out that folders that contained winrar files was causing the problem. so i deleted the m or moved the and it all worked. but i recently tried adding filles again and it is still crashing and there aren't any winrar files.
any help?
Boog Da Don

Re: Importing files to Cross 1.6.1

Postby Blackbrook on 02 Nov 2011, 12:41

What kind of files? Which format? Where from (bought from a download shop, ripped from CDs,...)?
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Boog Da Don on 02 Nov 2011, 12:58

they are mp3 files. and i have realised that ripped cd's wont get imported so i converted them to mp3 iswell. but tthey never crashed the system, they just wouldnt be imported.

the files that i notcied where "winrar" files. i do not know which other files are making it crash. thought it would be different with Cross 1.7 but same problem. however DVS has no problem at all with importing my files
Boog Da Don

Postby Blackbrook on 02 Nov 2011, 17:28

winrar fils are *.rar and are NO audio files. Maybe the contents of the rar files is audio but even if: you have to extract the archive!
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Boog Da Don on 16 Nov 2011, 19:30

i understand that. i have extracted them. i do not think thats the problem though. When i go into files in Cross i can not some folders. and they r the same folders that i have trouble importing. however if i import bit by bit of whats in that folder, all of the content will be important. i am affraid that if i am in the middle of a set and i want to go into files the the programm will shut down. i have tried unstillin and reinstallin Cross but the problem is still there. and when i open the folders they are all audio files and i can not see anything that would cause it to crash. i have scanned the folders various times with different softwares and there arent any virus's. PLEASE HELPP!!!!

thanks
Boog Da Don

Postby Support@MixVibes on 17 Nov 2011, 12:01

Try to send us some of these files for checking.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Boog Da Don on 29 Nov 2011, 02:06

its not any specific files. i can import them all sepperatly but not together. i have no idea why.
Boog Da Don

Postby Support@MixVibes on 29 Nov 2011, 12:50

How do you import them ?
You can import a folder simply by drag & drop onto the collection or from the file menu.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Boog Da Don on 29 Nov 2011, 16:51

yeh i do it like that. but sometimes that doesnt work neither. n wen i go into files in Cross the systeme shuts down. and as i said its not 1 particular file or folder. i have re installed it loads of times but still same issue. i downgraded to the Cross 1.5 that has no problems with it though. what is the difference between Cross 1.7 with Cross 1.7 le or DJ?
Boog Da Don

Postby daniel clark on 29 Nov 2011, 16:58

:cool: some one correct me if i am wrong , the differences is that Cross supports time code and MIDI and the remote app, where Cross DJ olny supports MIDI,(not shure about the remote app) and Cross le only supports the hardware it is bundled with (the U-Mix Control 2) i think inherently that the programs are the same except for thease aspects :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor