TIMECODES TROUBLE

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

TIMECODES TROUBLE

Postby Boog Da Don on 18 Oct 2011, 05:04

hi,

im using Cross 1.6.1 and before i was using DVS. when i play song i reet the timecodes but it seems the softare duznt recognise it and in DVS it wud slow right down and in Cross it just into flexibility mode but caant go back relative mode. it seems sometimes it does recognise that i refreshed it and sometimes it doesnt. im using cdjs 350s and 850
Boog Da Don

Re: TIMECODES TROUBLE

Postby christiankoopmann on 18 Oct 2011, 17:28

Hey,

please give us more information like which soundcard, OS, and soundconfiguration at Cross. (e.g. dual stereo)

Regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby Boog Da Don on 19 Oct 2011, 11:32

i have got a U-Mix44. im on windows 7 using a dell inspiron 15r. i got external mixer.
Boog Da Don

Postby Blackbrook on 19 Oct 2011, 17:11

Be sure that you have decreased your audio interface's input volumes to a minimum because of the high volume output of your cd player. Additionally be aware that you have switched the inputs to line and that you are in absolute mode (looks different than in DVS ;))

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Boog Da Don on 20 Oct 2011, 01:23

thanks man.so u sure just reducind the input level. it is in line. how come it has to be in absolute instead of relative like DVS. what is relative for?

any tips and tricks???

thanks

Boogy
Boog Da Don

Postby Boog Da Don on 20 Oct 2011, 01:27

usualy when i backspin the track will start playin slowly backwards. or wen i try set a cue point using a cd-j its starts goin funny. is that to do with it being in relative mode?
and another problem i had, after i played my set and i wanted to come back on. when i loaded a track it said can not play file format. but its a file i have played before and after i restarted my laptop.
Boog Da Don

Postby Blackbrook on 21 Oct 2011, 13:29

Relative mode means that the software just realises if there is timecode coming in or not. Absolute mode means that the sofware realizes where on the CD/record the needle is at the moment. This is what absolute and relative is all about.
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Boog Da Don on 21 Oct 2011, 17:06

Thanks that explains a lot

Usualy when i backspin the track will start playin slowly backwards instead of playing normarly. or wen i try set a cue point using a cd-j its starts goin funny. is that to do with it being in relative mode?
and another problem i had, after i played my set and i wanted to come back on. when i loaded a track it said can not play file format. but its a file i have played before and after i restarted my laptop.

a big issue i had a couple of weeks ago when i was playin was that when it was time to swap over. i wud connect in2 1 channel and evrything worked fine but when i tried connect to the other the whole system crashed n had remove it all aand put cds in. this kept happening bout 4 times then i gave up and used cds.

thaks
Boog Da Don

Return to Community Support