What's the latest version of (Mac)Cross +mini USB Soundcard?

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

What's the latest version of (Mac)Cross +mini USB Soundcard?

Postby adaboy on 01 Oct 2011, 20:19

Hello MixVibes fans. I have a MacBook Pro with Cross 1.2.5. I'm getting emails from MixVibes about the new Cross 1.6.1 update but I only see a PC version in the Download Center. What is the latest Cross version available for Mac & where is the link?!

Also, I'm looking for a high quality, ultra compact USB Soundcard. I'm in the Los Angeles area so it's not quite as easy to find MixVibes accessories here as Europe. Can I buy the MixVibes soundcard separately somewhere (the one that comes with the 'U-Mix DJ Set' or 'MixVibes Home 7 Software with USB Soundcard')? I just need the soundcard without the software & headphone packages that I see on eBay. If not I suppose I could buy the U-Mix DJ Set, but are there any other high quality, micro soundcards similar to the MixVibes card that anyone can recommend (make, model, weblink)? Thankyou! -Aaron
adaboy

Re: What's the latest version of (Mac)Cross +mini USB Soundcard?

Postby Jim B on 01 Oct 2011, 20:39

adaboy wrote:I'm getting emails from MixVibes about the new Cross 1.6.1 update but I only see a PC version in the Download Center. What is the latest Cross version available for Mac & where is the link?!

Here you go, Aaron

MixVibes Cross 1.6.1 [Mac] and release notes

[MAC] Cross 1.6.1 & release notes
Jim B

Postby adaboy on 01 Oct 2011, 21:28

Thanks Jim! I downloaded it fine but the crossfader is missing from the screen. I've noticed this issue with other updates I've downloaded in the past. Any way to fix this? Also, the left (yellow) deck shows absolute/relative/flexible mode arrows. I can't figure out how to change it to show the Cue/stop, Cue/Pause, & Play/Pause buttons like the right deck shows? I checked a couple of tutorial videos but didn't see anything discussing this particular question.
adaboy

Postby Jim B on 01 Oct 2011, 21:37

The Audio routing is probably set to "External Mixer" this is why you don't see the crossfader.

Follow this and see if it helps

File > Preference > Audio

Just above the audio routing graphic there is a box, from the drop down choose Simple Stereo or Dual Stereo, with either of these settings the crossfader and Cross' internal mixer should appear.
Jim B

Postby adaboy on 01 Oct 2011, 22:23

Ya I set it to Simple Stereo & the fader is visible now. Thanks. I don't see a way to change the absolute/relative/flexible mode to Cue Stop, Cue Pause, Play Pause.
adaboy

Return to Community Support