Keypad assignment for MIDI Controller (Monome GS64)

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Keypad assignment for MIDI Controller (Monome GS64)

Postby Mr.Crabs on 30 Sep 2011, 18:51

Hello Everybody,
I have an Open Sound/MIDI controller called Monome(http://www.monome.org). I assumed that Cross had a MIDI Learn function, but can not figure out how it works! :rolleyes:
The routing (in / out), I set about midiyoke 5 +6. But how do I get the assignments to the buttons on my controller?
Thanks for help!!!

I use Cross Pack 1.6 on a Windows7 based Thinkpad R500.
2xVestax Pdx-2000, Ecler Nuo 2.0 Mixer
Korg Quad-Pad and a Monome GS64

Best Regards
Mr.Crabs
Mr.Crabs

Re: Keypad assignment for MIDI Controller (Monome GS64)

Postby Jim B on 30 Sep 2011, 19:07

From what I gather Mr Crabs you can't write a new mapping file from afreash in Cross

What you will have to do is to cheat a little. At the bottom of the controller mapping list is a option to "Dubicate" a controller mapping.

Choose a controller and Click on the dubicate option, and Cross should generate another mapping for that controller which you are able to edit and change

Once you have this Dubicate map, all you have to do is open the mapping list and choose a option for example "Load Deck" then hit the button on your controller or that action.

I hope you get what I mean ;)

You can also import a controller mapping into Cross but I haven't looked into that yet
Jim B

Re: Keypad assignment for MIDI Controller (Monome GS64)

Postby Mr.Crabs on 30 Sep 2011, 19:23

Hello Jim,
The import one controller mappings would be easiest, but as far as I know there is none for this unusual controller. I'm going to try something you've written.
Thank you. When should I ask, I'll post again
Bye
Mr.Crabs

Return to Community Support