[SOLVED] timecode problem on Vfx software

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: timecode problem on Vfx software

Postby vjbadboy on 27 Sep 2011, 14:56

hi!

i have just tried while ago all the settings to my other laptop & it is core2duo (no sandy bridge/ not i7) diff.brand & diff. specs but it has the same issue like zero % on timcecode quality, but same as my i7 it has a verygood quality on VFXsoftware with reloop alone. only on turntable problem.

i think my p.c. specs has nothing to do with it, it should be on the Vfx settings or somethin else, ive tried my turntable on virtual DJ using reloop as interface well its ok but i do use Vfx on my mix.

anymore option from mixvibes community pls.....

thanks!
vjbadboy

Postby Hannes on 27 Sep 2011, 15:20

Stupid question, does Vfx have different routing options like Cross has?
Maybe there´s the problem..
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby vjbadboy on 27 Sep 2011, 17:28

hi!

im sorry guys its a little hard thing what i really want to do, there are some saying its just a timecode vinyl settings! but in reality its a very difficult settings that no one can just do it simple, to be honest this is one of the hardest settings ive made and my friends too.
but if it works, its a big thing 4 a few vj like me doing scratches & effects on video mixing using classic hardware on my gig.

there are some using serato on video but only few effects not like the Vfx has audio/video combined effects & lot more, also i have a lot of MIDI controller in my room but the turntable is d best ever mixing console i've used, so if i combine d classic hardware w/ d best video software well theres nothing more 4 me.

so i think only mixvibes community is the answer, thanks!
vjbadboy

Postby vjbadboy on 30 Sep 2011, 20:25

hello there!

seems that no one is suggesting anymore!..... it is really that hard i guess., well is there anyone here using 2turntable on Vfx software? if so.... how'd u do it? what mixer do u use? does the crossfader or volume fader fits your video on mixing? do u really mix those videos like audio using timecode vinyl on 2 turntable?

thanks!
vjbadboy

Postby Blackbrook on 30 Sep 2011, 23:57

vjbadboy wrote:well is there anyone here using 2turntable on Vfx software?

I have tested the latest RC with your configuration and the following hardware: Hercules DJ Trim 4&6 as audio interface, Allen & Heath Xone:22 as mixer and Sync X-TRM1 turntables.

vjbadboy wrote:if so.... how'd u do it? what mixer do u use? does the crossfader or volume fader fits your video on mixing? do u really mix those videos like audio using timecode vinyl on 2 turntable

I could discover an offset which I thought was a latency issue. I have never tested Vfx in timecode mode before so I had no reference if it has been that hard in former versions. Cueing the timecode record it took a long time (high latency) seeing the video moving backward - longer as in Cross or DVS 7 with audio only.
But yes: I have mixed the videos like audio with the timecode vinyls.

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby vjbadboy on 01 Oct 2011, 04:54

hi!

glad to hear from u! also thanks 4 your reply, anyway we have here the xone22 and DJ trim 4&6,(but our turntable is all technics-sl1200) actually we have already tried before on what u did, but video on turntable well yes! the problem is the mixer if u pull down the volume the video doesnt affect the video right? if u move the crossfader the video doesnt affect right? because xone22 is analog & not MIDI so thats the reason i bought the another MIDI mixer to really mix videos not just play videos.

we have so many mixers & MIDI controllers here but only few has a compatible on mixvibes. we have already tried diff. MIDI controllers & mixers, the only compatible is like Vestax & reloop but problem is the quality of timecode. the video plays along for just 20-30 min. then it crashes after like continuos playing even if u stop the turntable well thats because of zero percentage on timecode quality. thats the problem i guess, anyway thanks a lot for your support.

cheers!
vjbadboy

Postby Blackbrook on 01 Oct 2011, 13:41

vjbadboy wrote:the problem is the mixer if u pull down the volume the video doesnt affect the video right? if u move the crossfader the video doesnt affect right? because xone22 is analog & not MIDI so thats the reason i bought the another MIDI mixer to really mix videos not just play videos.

Exactly! You can "only" control the audio with your mixer because the Trim only sends audio signals and your mixer is not midi-able. You can check different controllers but I suggest to choose the Vfx Control because it is made for Vfx (if you do not already own it because you have bought the package).

vjbadboy wrote:we have so many mixers & MIDI controllers here but only few has a compatible on mixvibes. we have already tried diff. MIDI controllers & mixers, the only compatible is like Vestax & reloop but problem is the quality of timecode. the video plays along for just 20-30 min. then it crashes after like continuos playing even if u stop the turntable well thats because of zero percentage on timecode quality. thats the problem i guess, anyway thanks a lot for your support.

cheers!

This sounds like a driver error. Which audio interface and which driver are you using? (Sorry if you have already mentioned this on former posts). Please be aware that the driver is installed correctly and that you computer is optimized for audio software (search the forums for a thread with tutorials). If it always breaks down at 20 or 30 minutes you might check if the USB power saving option is activated ;)

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby vjbadboy on 01 Oct 2011, 15:47

hi steve!

i re-install it after i uninstall it about 4 times also i tried it on my diff. laptop, i used the Vfx driver and reloop driver because reloop is my interface, as ive said earlier my Vfx software with reloop alone works very good, only when i used the turntable the timecode is low, well atleast you give me an idea like checking the USB power saving option.

thank u very much i will try checking USB & more.

cheers!
vjbadboy

Postby Hannes on 01 Oct 2011, 18:21

Do you have low timecode-quality on both decks?

Have you set the input switches to "SW" on the reloop, also do you have the phono-pres enabled?
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby vjbadboy on 02 Oct 2011, 19:33

hi!

atlast it all works better now! i replaced new ground wires and most of all i tried my new timecode vinyl, i used my old vinyl usually when im tryin it first or setting it first, and my mistake also when my 2nd try i used the serato & traktor vinyl (sorry for that), finally when i opened my brandnew mixvibes vinyl YES!!! there it goes what i really want it to be!

so for a few vj who wants to set up the same with me, tips are; 1.make sure ground wires are thick wires for faster & better response (better change new wires) because timecode depends on grounds (on turntable).
2.used only mixvibes vinyl.
3. better used expensive cable wires for better sound & video quality.(just an option)
4. the higher specs of laptop the lower latency.(based on my i7 & core2duo)
5. most of all you must need to use MIDI mixer or Vfx controller as your midimixer to really 'MIX" videos on its faders specially the effects!

thanks to all the mixvibes members who help me, you guys are really great!

cheers! ( S O L V E D )
vjbadboy

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support