Cross will NOT recgonize time code

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross will NOT recgonize time code

Postby djmichaelm on 10 Sep 2011, 22:11

I am at my wits end and I cannot get Cross to see the time code for calibration. I have had everything working in the past, but I now have a new PC. If I add any mp3 I get this error: Can't load media: Check your audio settings.

Quick over view of settings and equipment:

- Win 7 Pro x64
- i-5 2500k processor
- 8 GB ram
- u46mk2
- latest Cross and u4kmk2 driver (both downloaded today)
- 2 Pioneer cdj-1000
- 1 Denon Dn-X1500 mixer

settings:
- left deck to input 1 (1/2) on u46mk2
- right deck to input 2 (3/4) on u46mk2
- output 1 (1/2) to external mixer crossfader left channel (ch2)
- output 2 (3/4) to external mixer crossfader right channel (ch3)
New 9-2011 - Cross 1.6.png

If I mute then un-mute the monitor channels, the time code sound will come through the speakers, so it is making it to the mixer and then speakers.
u46 settings.png

vinyl-cd.png

I am also using the ASIO as my main driver for my onboard PC sound (Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3). I have tried uninstalling the U46 driver as well.

Please help! Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djmichaelm

Re: Cross will NOT recgonize time code

Postby djmichaelm on 11 Sep 2011, 02:27

I still have no success. I have uninstalled both ASIO4All and the u46 driver and tried each separately to be sure there was no conflict, but nothing. It seems I have had nothing but trouble with this system since I bought it. It is very frustrating.
djmichaelm

Postby daniel clark on 11 Sep 2011, 06:08

:cool: :cool: just curious ,what comp did you have before and what operating system,,and what diffukicities have /did you encounter. do not use tc on my system, so i have no experience,to help you..the only thing jumps out at me is the i5 processor :?: :?: there were are issues with that type of processer ,,something to do with a "sandy bridge".,,there are some posting about this issue in the fourm :cool: :cool: the more info you give will help the fourm figure out what is the problem :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Blackbrook on 11 Sep 2011, 10:57

Go to the U46 control panel and decrease the inputs as far as you can. Then try to calibrate!
CD players have a huge output volume and therefore you have to decrease the input faders to the minimum.

The error message "Can't load..." says that the audio interface driver is not installed correctly. Have uninstalled it completely including cleaning the registry and installing it afterwards to a totally different location on your harddisk?

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby djmichaelm on 11 Sep 2011, 18:08

I uninstalled and reinstalled to a different location, including a reg clean, no change. I also tried lowering inputs, no change. Its not a matter of not being to just calibrate, but rather it does not think there is a signal at all. The interface shows up and lets me choose it, but no signal seems to be getting passed through to the software.

I do have an i5 (aka Sandy Bridge) processor. That is the code name for the series But it really should not matter. The u46 is a usb 2.0 device as far as I know. My last setup I was using was i5 laptop, but I believe it was the first Gen i5 (Nehalem).

The setup.exe of the u46 automatically choose the x64 drivers? By default, it tries to install to Program Files (x86)
djmichaelm

Postby christiankoopmann on 11 Sep 2011, 19:01

Hey,

the U46MK2 is an USB1.1 device (information from my user manuel) and it could be a problem with your sandy bridge processor. Have you testet to run the U46MK2 at 48kHz and on an other buffer number like 4 or 6? At the control panel you can select a buffer number. At the new processors it is often better to choose an higher number.

djmichaelm wrote:The setup.exe of the u46 automatically choose the x64 drivers? By default, it tries to install to Program Files (x86)

You can install the driver to any directory you want also to the x86 directory. The setup is installing both to this directory and also some informations to the system32 and so on. When you now plug the U46 into your system windows is selecting automaticaly the x64 driver at an 64bit system. If you run win in 32 it is selecting the 32bit drivers.

So please check the option to run the u46Mk2 at 48kHz and on an other Buffer Number.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby djmichaelm on 11 Sep 2011, 20:39

I have tried the 48000 rate and higher buffer numbers, even 9.

no luck.
djmichaelm

Postby christiankoopmann on 12 Sep 2011, 10:24

Have you also tryed to lower the input volume? at the 48kHz and other buffer number.
you have to restart your device when changing both! (also the application otherwise it will not run at the new values!)

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby Blackbrook on 12 Sep 2011, 11:49

Your Intel Core i5 2500k is a processor with the Sandy bridge technology. Those CPUs have problems with USB 1.1 audio interfaces as Christian already mentioned. I have had this problem at a friend's system and we could - as you can - hear the timecode in his speakers but could not calibrate. After that I have lent him my Hercules DJ Trim 4&6, a USB 2.0 uaiod interface, and it ran flawlessly.

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby djmichaelm on 12 Sep 2011, 16:29

I know it is a Sandy bridge Processor. I didn't know the device was a USB1.0 device. I see why its so cheap.

Guess I have to sell it because it will not work with my system. Great. I'll be lucky to get 50 bucks
djmichaelm

Next

Return to Community Support