Cross 1.6 with Hercules 4-mx - Headphone problem

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross 1.6 with Hercules 4-mx - Headphone problem

Postby Ruschi82 on 31 Aug 2011, 17:01

Hello!

first of all, sorry for my bad english ;)

my problem is, i have Cross 1.6 software and I use Hercules DJ console 4-mx, but I dont check how it works with headphones?

I want to use the direct headphone connection from the MIDI controller 4-mx but as I push - for example player A cue - I get signal not on headphone. Instead I get the signal to my master-out.

There is a nother strange thing I dont check... If I use the controller in 7bit mode the control knop for cue/mix works if I turn it. But as I switch to 14bit nothing happans.

Is it not possible to use the pelisten and player A&B prelisten just on the normal headphone conection from the MIDI controler.

I hope somebody can help me and also understand what i mean. :mrgreen:

Again sorry for my bad english, I´m from austria.

Thanks for help.
Ruschi82

Re: Cross 1.6 with Hercules 4-mx - Headphone problem

Postby christiankoopmann on 31 Aug 2011, 17:21

Hey,

welcome and I looked at the manuel of the controler. The headphone output at the front is mapped to the output 3/4 from the internal soundcard.
So at Cross you have to select Dual Stereo and set Ouput 1/2 to Master out and 3/4 to CUE.
When you want to hear the deck you have to select the deck which you want to pre-listen. You can only hear the cue when you enabled at one of the decks the headphone button.

Otherwise at the internal Mixer there is also an CUE/Mix - Poti which allows you to mix the CUE Sound with the master out. (if it is not mapped you can map it yourself.)

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Return to Community Support