Cross wont recognize my mixer

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross wont recognize my mixer

Postby dimosdj on 26 Jul 2011, 04:24

Hello Mixvibes community,

I'm so close to enjoying Mixvibes Cross 1.6 to the fullest, but I'm held up on one snag. Cross doesnt seem to recognize my external mixer. The Vinyl control seems tight and I get sound coming out of my studio monitor, but the mixer cant control the decks.

I have the turntables going into the U46MK2 to input 1,2,3,4. I have output 1,2 going to the left deck and 3,4 going to the right set on Phono. I've downloaded the latest drivers for the U46MK2 and I'm running Windows 7. Any thoughts or advice would be very appreciative. The mixvibes community is great.

Thanks
dimosdj

Re: Cross wont recognize my mixer

Postby daniel clark on 26 Jul 2011, 04:38

:cool: :cool: welcome to mixvibes :cool: :cool: you say mixer, :?: :?: old school analog mixer :?: :?: are you looking for the mixer to control the soft ware :?: :?: are you you using timecode vinal,and Cross in external mixer mode :?: :?: just questions i think about from the info that you have given,,,a little more might help out the thought process :?: :?: :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Blackbrook on 26 Jul 2011, 08:36

Except you are using Pioneer's DJM 700/800/900 or 2000 or the Behringer DDM, which are all MIDI mixers, you are not able to control your decks in Cross with your mixer.
Your mixer need to be able to send MIDI data to the software. Often a USB connections is used for this but, as you can find it at the Behringer, there are sometimes also MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports with which the connections is build.

So please: Which mixer are you using?

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby dimosdj on 26 Jul 2011, 23:33

Hi There,

Sorry for the lack of details. Im not looking at using the MIDI functions or anything like that. I have an analogue Pioneer DJM 707. Its just the main functions (crossfader, upfader, eq) etc that dont seem to be working. The mixer itself works fine as I still spin old school Vinyl. Basically, the Vinyl control to the soundcard works as it should, but if I try to crossfade between decks it doesnt work.

Any suggestions??
dimosdj

Postby daniel clark on 26 Jul 2011, 23:52

:cool: :cool: well part of the solution is finding out what you want to accomplish, :?: if you have Cross in external mode in preferences/audio. then the two decks will be routed to the mixer seperate after the sc (muliti channel),, you mixer will control the sound coming to them, and you will not be able to control the software with the mixer :neutral: if you want to control the software your options would be time code vinal/cd :neutral: :neutral: or a MIDI controller :mad: thats some of the info to the best of my ability
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby dimosdj on 27 Jul 2011, 00:41

It just doesnt appear as if the outputs are working. I have it in external mode, latest drivers etc. Its a bit frustrating. Like I said, the timecode is very precise. Except I cant control the it with the mixer. None of the mixer functionality works
dimosdj

Postby Blackbrook on 27 Jul 2011, 08:47

Please check the "Audio" tab in your Cross preferences and choose "External Mixer" as a "Routing Mode". If so you should be able to get sound on both connected line inputs of your mixer and you can mix the way you were used to.

If this does not work please reply how you have connected your equipment.

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Return to Community Support