[SOLVED]Music keeps cutting out with Cross and U-Mix Remote....

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Music keeps cutting out with Cross and U-Mix Remote. WTF?!

Postby Jim B on 11 Jul 2011, 10:39

jonah wrote: What are you guys setting your buffer size at?

96 Samples (2.2m/s)
Jim B

Postby community@MixVibes on 11 Jul 2011, 12:37

Hi, I think updating Cross DJ will help for sure. Please go and download the latest version of Cross DJ right here:
downloads.php
community@MixVibes

Postby jonah on 12 Jul 2011, 03:32

j-kut wrote:45 Samples here,

If you cant get down to 64 on an i7-pc, there´s something wrong on your system i´m afraid.

Also you said something bout a controller, and what soundcard are you using?

regards
J

Its definitely a buffer size issue, but I've got it under control now. I'm using the U-Mix controller with a built in soundcard.
jonah

Postby community@MixVibes on 12 Jul 2011, 11:07

Great! Should i mark this thread as solved?
community@MixVibes

Postby jonah on 12 Jul 2011, 16:04

community@MixVibes wrote:Great! Should i mark this thread as solved?

Yes.
jonah

Re: [SOLVED]Music keeps cutting out with Cross and U-Mix Remote.

Postby PAULRAMPAGE on 31 Aug 2011, 15:02

jonah wrote:I keep running into this problem and it is becoming increasingly frustrating as I cannot pinpoint the source of it. I'm using Cross and the U-Mix Remote and the music keeps cutting out randomly. Sometimes it happens when Cross is analyzing a new track, other times it just happens randomly while playing a track. It can't be my laptop because I have a brand new HP elitebook with an i7 intel processor, which is what Mixvibes recommends, and is a top of the line CPU from intel. This laptop is a beast and the reason I got it was to have something fast enough to run Cross on.
I have tried numerous versions of Cross including 1.60. I have all the updates for my laptop and even defragged the hard drive to work at an optimal level. Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm trying to make a new mix, but if I can't make a new mix because of this problem, how can I ever possibly imagine to play any gigs? Why is this happening? Someone please tell me what to do.

Hey Johah,
I had & still HAVE the exact same problem as you do for the past 4 months since i purchased Cross & believe it or not i did exactly the same thing as you,i went out & got myself a top notch dell xps laptop with i7 second generation intel processor,window 7 & big memory.All this just to eliminate if there was a hardware problem on my old laptop & the friggin frustration as you mentioned of not being able to either complete or record a mix because of damm players freezing,quality of the sound gets worse the longer you mix etc.So i upgade to Cross 1.6 on my new turbo boosted laptop & to my disappointment the same problems as before,no improvement from my old laptop at all.Seriously i'm an inch away from taking it back for a refund or to exchange for some other more reliable system,to put it bluntly i'm sick of it & bloody feed up ! :frown:
PAULRAMPAGE

Postby daniel clark on 01 Sep 2011, 00:20

:cool: :cool: :cry: :cry: sorry to hear that you waited 4 month to adress the issues on the fourm, since you have the same issues that the poster has and his has come to some resolution, then maybe his solution doesnt apply to your situtation :!: :!: welcome to mixvibes and the fourm, any info as to your set up and computer spec would be helpful to solving your issues , could please explain what problems you have encountered ,the more info the better since we are not there to see /experiences your issues, :cool: :cool: the answer to a question is only found if it is asked :!: :!: :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby jonah on 01 Sep 2011, 17:08

daniel clark wrote::cool: :cool: :cry: :cry: sorry to hear that you waited 4 month to adress the issues on the fourm, since you have the same issues that the poster has and his has come to some resolution, then maybe his solution doesnt apply to your situtation :!: :!: welcome to mixvibes and the fourm, any info as to your set up and computer spec would be helpful to solving your issues , could please explain what problems you have encountered ,the more info the better since we are not there to see /experiences your issues, :cool: :cool: the answer to a question is only found if it is asked :!: :!: :cool: :cool:

I was going to ask that as well. I'm using the U-Mix controller with my HP elitebook, and to fix the problem I just kicked the buffer size way up. It doesn't affect latency in the least because the MIDI controller is direct digital. However, I did experience the same problem with my Technics turntables before I bought the controller and new laptop. I haven't bothered to see if my solution would fix the issue in that regard.

One last thing that I would try is using some video capture software, like fraps, to document the problem for the rest of us to see. Its definitely a bug. I work in QA so I know when I'm seeing one, but I'm surprised more people haven't reported this issue, because it was rather prevalent and my searches here came up empty.

So what version are you running and what gear is being used?
jonah

Previous

Return to Community Support