Vfx freezing loud buzz

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Vfx freezing loud buzz

Postby Jim B on 12 Jul 2011, 20:01

DjBlast wrote:Cable goes straight to the projector.

Have you tried replacing your projector and testing with a LCD. Just to see if it is (or not) the projector that is causing your buzz.
Jim B

Postby DjBlast on 13 Jul 2011, 21:36

not with the VGA. at one of my weekly gigs I have an LCD TV hooked with HDMI. freeze buzz still happens from time to time.

I'm thinking its file or function related. does this happen to any one else?

thnx
DjBlast

Postby bigworm1063 on 14 Jul 2011, 19:58

I've had it happen to me once, but I don't use that file anymore. No problems since then. I'm slowly going through the process of weeding out all of the bad quality (audio/video) files I have to prevent that from happening again.
bigworm1063

Postby DjBlast on 21 Jul 2011, 01:16

ok I think I figured it out. I am running two 3tb external drives on a powered USB hub. Freeze / buzz seems to happen when when I forget to plug in the USB hub.

I am pretty confident this is the root of the issue. thanks for everyone's help!
DjBlast

Postby community@MixVibes on 21 Jul 2011, 10:46

DjBlast wrote:ok I think I figured it out. I am running two 3tb external drives on a powered USB hub. Freeze / buzz seems to happen when when I forget to plug in the USB hub.

I am pretty confident this is the root of the issue. thanks for everyone's help!

Iep, that could probably be the problem, you are to demanding on the USB ports of your computer. Please keep us updated and tell us if everything is working fine.
community@MixVibes

Postby vjbadboy on 21 Jul 2011, 18:35

hi blast,

just try to buy a new heavy duty cable, it happens 2 my Vfx before, also make sure the plug was fit & never touch cable when performing, and most, try 2 add your ram beacause from 4gb i upgraded my laptop to 8gb and now its almost perfect doing my avi (heavy files) with most of 1080, for almost 2 months it has no problem at all, thanks!
vjbadboy

Postby DjBlast on 29 Jul 2011, 10:45

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking of adding ram, done deal. Nice to hear from Vfx users!
DjBlast

Previous

Return to Community Support