[Vfx] Pioneer CDJ 2000 MIDI cannot be opened!

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

[Vfx] Pioneer CDJ 2000 MIDI cannot be opened!

Postby D.Jayme on 10 Jul 2011, 08:18

Can someone please explain to me how I setup the Pioneer CDJ 2000 to work with Vfx?!

I installed the Pioneer CDJ drivers, but when I start Mixvibes Vfx and press the LINK button on the CDJs, I get a message saying the MIDI could not be opened.

Please help.

My PC specs:

Intel Core i7-2630QM - 2,00 - 2,90GHz 6MB
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB GDDR5
15.6" Full-HD (1920*1080) LED-Backlight
16GB (4x4096) SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
500GB / 4GB SATA-II SSH 7200U/Min Seagate Momentus XT 7200.1
D.Jayme

Re: [Vfx] Pioneer CDJ 2000 MIDI cannot be opened!

Postby community@MixVibes on 11 Jul 2011, 14:00

For CDJ2000 installation on Vfx, please refer yourself to the user manual: http://www.mixvibes.com/content/support ... umentation

Hope this will help you out.
community@MixVibes

Postby D.Jayme on 11 Jul 2011, 14:36

Yes I read the manual, but there is nothing in there about specifically using the CDJ 2000 with Vfx.

On the Vfx product page (http://www.mixvibes.com/content/Vfx) the CDJ 2000 and 400 are clearly visible in the pictures as external controllers but they don't seem to be natively supported.

And is it true I can only use 2 external MIDI controllers?! I mean I need a third (my SVM1000) to control the video mix crossfader.

Seriously your support sucks. If these issues aren't resolved by the end of this week I demand a refund.
D.Jayme

Postby community@MixVibes on 11 Jul 2011, 15:27

D.Jayme wrote:Seriously your support sucks. If these issues aren't resolved by the end of this week I demand a refund.

Hey, we are here to help you out, just as a reminder we answered you a day later, i think it is pretty good, a lot of people here have seen their issues solved, i think saying that support sucks is a little easy.

So to be clear with you, there is no MIDI support in Vfx, is you want to use your CDJ 2000's with you Vfx software you'll need to purchase timecoded CD's.
Hope this will help you out.
community@MixVibes

Postby sylMV on 11 Jul 2011, 15:51

Hi there,

to be more precise, Vfx is not shipped with built-in CDJ-2000 MIDI mappings, but you can do it by yourself !
Sorry, but on the website, the CDJ-2000 is not presented at all as a natively mapped MIDI controller... and the Timecode control is another good solution to use your CDJ with Vfx.

You're however right concerning the CDJ-400, which has no MIDI mappings as well whereas quoted on the product description.
Thanx for reporting that, I'll notify the guys in charge of the website.

Cheers,

PS : Please keep polite even when you're unhappy !
SylMV

sylMV

Postby D.Jayme on 11 Jul 2011, 20:11

Sorry I wasn't being impolite, I'm only saying that this support forum as a system sucks.

Anyway, in my first post on this forum I specifically asked you guys if the CDJ 2000 could control Vfx trought the HID interface (USB). (See: viewtopic.php?f=268&t=20363)

They confirmed me it was no problem at all. And now you're telling me that a modern software package like Vfx needs timecode CDs?! You guys make Recordbox for Pioneer. You have all the specs, I first tried VirtualDJ (for free) and this worked right out of the box, no configuration at all, I even get a wave form and my cover art displayed on the CDJs beautiful large screen. And now you're telling me after I spend the money on Vfx that it's not possible?!

I'll try to map the MIDI myself then and see how that works. If I cannot get it working as it was promised I will want a refund.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
D.Jayme

Postby D.Jayme on 12 Jul 2011, 09:57

Hello,

When attempting to MIDI map the Pioneer CDJ2000 with Vfx, the program keeps craching. I'm unable to get it working.
After hours of extensively testing Vfx I can conclude that Vfx is not the program I'm looking for or would want to use in a professional environment.

Can you please tell me how I can get a refund?

Thank you in advance.

Ruben
D.Jayme

Postby sylMV on 12 Jul 2011, 10:31

Hi,

Sorry you didn't get enough information before buying the product.
I just read your first topic and indeed, nothing's clear...

I can't say how you can't get a refund (that's not my job at all, as you can see on my banner^^) but contact community@MixVibes by PM, that's the guy !

However, for your information, an update making Vfx natively handling the Pioneer CDJ in Advanced HID mode will be released in September.

Cheers,
SylMV

sylMV

Postby community@MixVibes on 12 Jul 2011, 11:03

If you want a refund please send me a PM and we will try to find a solution!
community@MixVibes

Return to Community Support