Vfx Recommend Video Cards

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Vfx Recommend Video Cards

Postby DJ_DeanoC on 16 May 2011, 15:47

I've done a quick search but nothing has come up relevent.

I've just purchased the Vfx Control, and im looking to stick my setup back into a server case.
Now im looking at a 2u case, but will have to have a look out for the short rise video card.

What graphics cards have been tried and tested with the program and what do people recommend?
I've checked out the specs, but there is a lot of cards out there, so wondering what peoples thoughts are.
I know there is various cards out there what certain software like and dont like, i just dont want to buy a product which wont be good.
DJ_DeanoC

Re: Vfx Recommend Video Cards

Postby community@MixVibes on 16 May 2011, 16:06

Hello,

As a tip, you should buy a really powerful graphic card, Vfx is a software that consumes a lot of memory. Ask the salesman for a very powerful graphic card, optimized for gaming for example.
community@MixVibes

Postby UncleVibes on 16 May 2011, 19:04

As a tip, you should buy a really powerful graphic card, Vfx is a software that consumes a lot of memory. Ask the salesman for a very powerful graphic card, optimized for gaming for example.

you don't need the strongest just a good today graphic with 1mo memory no Intel please
UncleVibes

Postby yanndj on 11 Oct 2011, 23:43

The question about the video card calls another question :
does mixvibes internal codec uses dvxa (dvxa is the ability of the video card to decompress video by itself, without loading the cpu)
- if yes a powerful gpu can help, but i read on video forums that dvxa doesn't give a good rendering and is not supposed to be able to decode two video at the same time ....
- if no the decoding is made by the cpu, which has to be (very) powerful and the gpu does very little work, so any decent (and recent as UncleVibes said) video card will do...
Just look at the outputs it has, you will need one for your monitor (hdmi or dvi or vga depending on your monitor) and one for your projector (hdmi is best, but dvi with a converter plug will do)... You may have an old projector, or want to connect to a video switcher that only accepts older composite video input. So either you find a graphic card with an s-video output (an adapter will convert to composite video) or you need an hardware converter : Kramer has very good expensives ones, Goyona has cheap ones....
yanndj

Postby yanndj on 11 Oct 2011, 23:43

The question about the video card calls another question :
does mixvibes internal codec uses dvxa (dvxa is the ability of the video card to decompress video by itself, without loading the cpu)
- if yes a powerful gpu can help, but i read on video forums that dvxa doesn't give a good rendering and is not supposed to be able to decode two video at the same time ....
- if no the decoding is made by the cpu, which has to be (very) powerful and the gpu does very little work, so any decent (and recent as UncleVibes said) video card will do...
Just look at the outputs it has, you will need one for your monitor (hdmi or dvi or vga depending on your monitor) and one for your projector (hdmi is best, but dvi with a converter plug will do)... You may have an old projector, or want to connect to a video switcher that only accepts older composite video input. So either you find a graphic card with an s-video output (an adapter will convert to composite video) or you need an hardware converter : Kramer has very good expensives ones, Goyona has cheap ones....
yanndj

Postby Party V I B E S on 26 Oct 2011, 00:09

hey...

afaik Vfx uses the special abilities of the gpu to do the grafics things like transitions and fx. So a nice and powerful grafics card is the good idea.
And you need a quite powerful cpu for doing the sounds and all of the controlling.
Maybe you can have a deal with your shop that you can try and upgrade within a few days. try some different videos and also HD stuff. Go into the settings and change video quality. If you reached your desired quality then you might be fine (even if I would upgrade at least one step because future will come). And think of Vfx being windows based and not bitmap based. to get it arranged more clearly you can use a secondary monitor and tear some of the single windows of Vfx there. Think about this when buying a video card or maybe two which can be linked.

best greetings

Ralf
active DeeJay
- Core2DUO 2x2,8 / 4GB / 80GB SSD + 1000GB SSHD + 2000GB ext. for Video
- Vestax VCI400DJ/ U-Mix Control Pro / Vinyl 12'' & 7'' and TC-CD
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
Party V I B E S

Return to Community Support