laptop configuration for Vfx Software

Report the issues you noticed while using MixVibes
Forum rules
Users with Cross DJ Mac bought in the App Store please join group User Cross DJ App Store to write in the support forum ucp.php?i=172

Other users must follow these rules.:
* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Re: laptop configuration for Vfx Software

Postby D.Jayme on 13 May 2011, 18:42

The i3 is the budget model and is DUAL-CORE.

The i5 is QUAD-CORE (except for one model 2390T) and has Turbo-Boost but lacks Hyper-Threading. This is the main stream model.

The i7 is also QUAD-CORE, with Turbo-boost and Hyper-Threading, that last feature enables windows to effectively see an 8 core processor. The thing is not a lot of software programs are written to take advantage of these 8 threads at this time (except for professional enterprise, high performance software like video-editing, 3D-rendering and scientific applications), so most users won't even notice the difference.

In my opinion i5 is the best option at this time!

Cheers

Ruben
http://www.djayme.com/
D.Jayme

Postby Hannes on 13 May 2011, 19:15

D.Jayme wrote:The i3 is the budget model and is DUAL-CORE.

The i5 is QUAD-CORE (except for one model 2390T) and has Turbo-Boost but lacks Hyper-Threading. This is the main stream model.

The i7 is also QUAD-CORE, with Turbo-boost and Hyper-Threading, that last feature enables windows to effectively see an 8 core processor. The thing is not a lot of software programs are written to take advantage of these 8 threads at this time (except for professional enterprise, high performance software like video-editing, 3D-rendering and scientific applications), so most users won't even notice the difference.
Cheers

Ruben

not true, the i5 and i7 are both available as quad and dual-cores.

For realtime audio/video editing a dualcore with a higher and constant cpu-frequency is probably a better choice than a slower Dual/quad-core with boost.
the dynamic accelaration of the cpu can lead to some serious trouble in a live situation.

please do not post info that´s false!
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby community@MixVibes on 16 May 2011, 12:52

Hello,

I would go with the i7. To use Vfx you should have the best computer possible, as Vfx is quite demanding in graphique memory.
community@MixVibes

Previous

Return to Technical Support