glitches in 1.5.2 sound

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: glitches in 1.5.2 sound

Postby Support@MixVibes on 21 Mar 2011, 12:02

Sorry didn't see this one earlier.
Nothing have changed on this side of the software, but you might want to check if by removing unneeded devices (hdmi) you can cure the issue.

My guess is that the slower component will lower the whole system. I have this issue at mixmove with a computer and Vfx. it was driving 2 wide screens TV in hdmi and the audio components were the weak parts.

As soon as I de-activate them everything went back to normal.
Support@MixVibes

Postby daniel clark on 22 Mar 2011, 00:44

:cool: :cool: will try that on my end :cool: if you get the opporunity to check the basic set up with using home usb sound doggle as the audio selection for monitor/headphones with 5.2 , let me know because i can use 5.1 already installed with out disabling the hedmi from audio in the asio4 all control panel :?: :?:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby A-kut on 22 Mar 2011, 10:54

Hello,

I don't want to create a new topic for that because I have problems on this version.

I've read all the topic and tried to understand but my english is quite bad, so i did not understand a lot of things...

When I first started playing with Cross 1.5.2 everything was ok, but two days ago, I noticed some serious troubles.

I was doing a scratch routine and suddenly the sound became REALLY disgusting (everything was ok before), it was so bad that i couldn't even continue to play, there were a lot of "glitches" and no more response with the vinyl interactions.

When spinning the vinyl backwards, the sound is completely f*ck*d up. Backwards moves doesn't work, it does not rewind the vinyl as usual. The problem is the same for channel 1 and 2.

Also when i play the record really slow (forward or backwards) , the sound do not match witch the vinyl movement. It is also ultra "metallic".

I never had these problems before (previous versions).

I've tried to change all the the wires (because they were a bit old) but the problem was still there.

Nothing changed in my set-up, the calibration is ok (98-99%), i did not changed anything on the audio panel e.t.c,

I will probably post a video so you could see what happens.

(I just need to go back to an older version and give it another try, then I will know if the problem come from the software or the sound card).

Many thanks
A-kut

Postby Support@MixVibes on 22 Mar 2011, 11:36

@daniel clark : using the home usb soundcard with the internal souncard and running 2 loops one on the master and the other on the monitor (usb home). We'll see what happen.

@A-kut : U46 ? what drivers ? what os ?
Support@MixVibes

Postby A-kut on 22 Mar 2011, 11:51

Hello,

- U46MK2

- U46MK2 Control panel
[MAC] OSX U46MK2 control panel

- Snow leopard 10.6.6

Edit.

So, i tried older versions, same problem...

I realized that the channel 1 of my u46mk2 is "dead". (I don't know how...) This caused some glitches, but it's not finish...

So i took another u46mk2 in a brand new Cross Pack but I still have these troubles.

When spinning the record slowly it is still the same problem. For example i couldn't even make a simple brake on a "aaaaah" scratch sound. Scratching becomes completely impossible...

Same thing for backwards moves..Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

This is really disappointing, i need to prepare some scratch routines for a battle and could not even do it.

Also, i Still have f****** glitches, I tried to increase the latency, the problem is not completely fixed, but with a lot of latency I could not scratch at all....

I changed my needles 3 times and it doesn't change anything...

I'm sure that my laptop is not the problem, it works perfectly with others softwares requiring more "power"... (Plus de ressources quoi...)

My last try was replacing the USB wire, nothing better...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit.

Same stuff with brand new records...
A-kut

Postby daniel clark on 23 Mar 2011, 01:05

:cool: :cool: thanks support :mrgreen: multi tasking :razz: :razz: :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Support@MixVibes on 23 Mar 2011, 11:42

@Daniel : nothing on my side.

@A-Kut : having some hard time too with my MB Pro i7 and the U46. I don't have glitches, I only have a very hard time to detect the U46. :(
Working on it.

To both of you and who may be concerned, it seems that out of C2D with have issue. We're actually working on this.
Support@MixVibes

Postby A-kut on 23 Mar 2011, 12:12

Ok so i will wait and try to work with this for the moment, i have no choice.... ;-)
A-kut

Postby Support@MixVibes on 23 Mar 2011, 12:37

You can still use 1.5.0 after removing the U46setting files, works for me.
Support@MixVibes

Postby A-kut on 23 Mar 2011, 15:23

Ok i wil try this, where do i find the setting files? ;)
A-kut

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support