"Rub" scratch = distortion.

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: "Rub" scratch = distortion.

Postby Hertz on 14 Feb 2011, 17:19

Support@MixVibes wrote:
So setting up the U46 for Line for turntables and Phono for Cross seems to be the far better setup, the MixVibes team should seriously like make a disclaimer or something regarding this

This is the default setup in Cross since v1.3

EDIT: My bad, it's stated right on the first page of the user manual :redface: :mrgreen: , doh!:, my error all along, however as I'm sure it's common knowledge the manual is rarely read, so a feature I suggest is during the installation process or on Mac when it first starts for the first time, have a big window come up saying when using turntables, set MKII to Line etc., then click to never show the box again etc.

For the prob. (but admittedly not always good) more common person who doesn't read the manual, it was my fault/user error, good support tho.

*** OLD: That's not how my Cross 1.5 setup was setup as default, it defaulted the Line in the software and it's pretty standard procedure to presume a sound card w/ a phono setting using phono turntables you would set it to that, again, if the team could make a disclaimer or something like that shows right when you open the box or similar "can't miss it slaps you in the face" info, it would be great since it's really easy to presume Phono on sound card and phono on software.

If it's the default, then where is it stated as such? I know it says in the manual for the software but what I missed or isn't stated is the unique and "odd" step of setting the U46MKII to Line instead of Phono.OLD***

Thanks though man, really appreciate it, the team was able to rectify my issue (that seems as though it was from user error? but I didn't see any sound card setup info) within 4-6 hours, excellent customer support, at least so far!
"Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do" - not sure who.
Hertz

Postby Support@MixVibes on 15 Feb 2011, 14:54

You feed the U46 with phono signal then 2 choices :

1-U46 with phono setting will convert the signal to line with the included preamp, so Cross will be set as line.

2-U46 with line setting, no conversion the signal go thru the U46 and then into Cross. So Cross need to be set as phono to do the preamp job.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Hertz on 15 Feb 2011, 15:04

Support@MixVibes wrote:You feed the U46 with phono signal then 2 choices :

1-U46 with phono setting will convert the signal to line with the included preamp, so Cross will be set as line.

2-U46 with line setting, no conversion the signal go thru the U46 and then into Cross. So Cross need to be set as phono to do the preamp job.

Ok, no I already completely get that, and it's working *perfectly* now, and the performance is so much more clean and less prone to distortion when u46MkII is set to Line and Cross to Phono, instead of opposite.

I'm just saying other people may presume it's supposed to be the opposite, badly working way, so it would a good idea to make some kind of blunt notification when you first start the software to say something like: Using Turntables set U46MKII to Line and Cross to Phono.

Or do an update where Cross performs properly if and when someone switches the U46MKII to Phono and Cross to Line. :idea:

It is my fault though, user error and that's what I get for not reading through the manual :redface: :mad: ,doh! but still a notification would be a solid addition for ease of setup so other people don't accidentally run into the same issue I did, as like myself, it's easy to ignore the manual.
"Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do" - not sure who.
Hertz

Postby Support@MixVibes on 15 Feb 2011, 17:23

Noted.
Support@MixVibes

Previous

Return to Community Support