Cross Discover DJ crashes instantly

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross Discover DJ crashes instantly

Postby Support@MixVibes on 30 Apr 2010, 16:30

chendri2 wrote:I talked extensively to Ion and they told me the controller was fine, that it was a software issue, since it obviously wasn't installing correctly if the folders weren't there.

Yes it was before you try without the controler, now the application have launched herself the file has been created I guess.
Support@MixVibes

Postby sylMV on 30 Apr 2010, 16:31

Thanks for the crash report.

Well it seems there's a problem with your soundcard but I can't get why it crashes like that.
Just tested it on an iMac running 10.5.8 too and no problem...
The crash report says it crashes in some system stuff, though it doesn't mean the system is at the origin of the crash...

What's your default soundcard ? The built-in one ?
Have you tried some other audio software on this computer ?

Mr. S, any idea ?

Cheers,
SylMV

sylMV

Postby chendri2 on 30 Apr 2010, 16:32

I'm not sure I understand your response, but I did try with and without the controller long before you suggested it.

I just borrowed a friend's Windows computer, installed it, and it functioned perfectly. The controller is fully operable, but the program only worked on the Windows computer, but will not function on my Macbook Pro. It is clearly a software issue.
chendri2

Postby Support@MixVibes on 30 Apr 2010, 16:37

Try on another Mac before saying it is the software... because it work on every Mac I have access to.

There was a know issue with Tiger and 1.2.9 that is now fixed since months.
Support@MixVibes

Postby chendri2 on 30 Apr 2010, 16:39

Hey, my last post was in reference to the support guy.

And yes, I've used audio programs extensively on the computer (Soundtrack Pro, Reason, Logic Pro, Garageband, Massive, FM8, Absynth, Adobe Soundbooth CS3... the list goes on and on). I'm just using the built-in sound card. I would think they would design the Discover DJ with that in mind, since its supposed to be for people who are just trying out DJ-ing, and wouldn't have a computer built with a special sound card.

Thanks for your help, by the way.
chendri2

Postby sylMV on 30 Apr 2010, 16:50

You're right, DDJ has been designed handle the built-in soundcard by default, and it works like that on all the macs we've tested on.
We'll try to find a macbook pro running 10.5.8 to test and see if we can reproduce your crash...

For now, I really got no idea, sorry !

Cheers,
SylMV

sylMV

Postby chendri2 on 30 Apr 2010, 17:18

Ok, thanks, I'm going to find another macbook pro to try it on as well. I'll let you know if I get anything figured out.
chendri2

Postby chendri2 on 01 May 2010, 00:58

Ok, I tried it on another macbook pro, running osx leopard, and it ran fine. But still not a bit of luck on mine. Crashes instantly every time. And I test the controller in mac's Audio MIDI Setup, and the controls are registering and functioning perfectly, so it seems the control is in perfect working order (as the guys from ION said).
chendri2

Postby chendri2 on 03 May 2010, 05:51

I FIGURED IT OUT:

It's incompatible with the "Hear" plug-in. Deleted the plug-in, worked immediately. Great success!
chendri2

Postby Support@MixVibes on 03 May 2010, 11:50

What is the "hear" plugin ??? :eek:
Support@MixVibes

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support