stuck in CD-mode

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

stuck in CD-mode

Postby djeksotik on 18 Apr 2010, 11:59

i have now twice ran into a bug (?) in Cross, where somehow one or both players have gone into CD-mode, and i CAN NOT get it back to vinyl mode, pressing "V" does nothing but change the text in the upper corner of the player to "vinyl". but the player actually stays in cd mode. the only solution i found was to restart Cross, which is hard to do in the middle of a set.
this is especially annoying because i ONLY use control vinyl, and i have absolutely no need for cd-mode. i would like to disable the cd mode altogether, is that possible?

does anyone have information about this? has this bug been reported before or do you think its not a bug and im doing something wrong?
anyway i didnt find a topic concerning this.
djeksotik

Re: stuck in CD-mode

Postby djeksotik on 18 Apr 2010, 15:31

i have version 1.3.2 in case you´re wondering.
djeksotik

Postby sylMV on 19 Apr 2010, 10:21

I don't really understand your issue:

CD/Vinyl mode only exists when controlling a deck with the mouse/keyboard or a MIDI controller, and you say you only use vinyl control (i.e. with timecoded vinyls)...
SylMV

sylMV

Postby Support@MixVibes on 19 Apr 2010, 10:28

Never heard of this one :eek:
Support@MixVibes

Postby djeksotik on 19 Apr 2010, 17:47

sylMV wrote:I don't really understand your issue:

CD/Vinyl mode only exists when controlling a deck with the mouse/keyboard or a MIDI controller, and you say you only use vinyl control (i.e. with timecoded vinyls)...

well what can i say. it´s a mystery to me.

but... i am not making this up, and it has happened twice, believe it or not.

instead of absolute/relative/flexible buttons there were cue and play buttons like on a cd player, and it wouldn´t stop playing either, the play button was highlited.

i can not tell you what might have caused this, maybe i pressed some buttons or smth accidentally. but if this shouldn´t even exist, then i dont know.

anyway, i will not play on that particular windows install any more, so i hope this doesnt happen again. if it does, i´ll reply here. just thought you might be interested. i am sure I didnt dream it...
djeksotik

Postby Support@MixVibes on 19 Apr 2010, 17:50

May be the A or B in the upper windows was switched off, this mean no external control and you then run into internal mode.
Support@MixVibes

Postby sylMV on 19 Apr 2010, 20:05

djeksotik wrote:well what can i say. it´s a mystery to me.

but... i am not making this up, and it has happened twice, believe it or not.

instead of absolute/relative/flexible buttons there were cue and play buttons like on a cd player, and it wouldn´t stop playing either, the play button was highlited.

i can not tell you what might have caused this, maybe i pressed some buttons or smth accidentally. but if this shouldn´t even exist, then i dont know.

anyway, i will not play on that particular windows install any more, so i hope this doesnt happen again. if it does, i´ll reply here. just thought you might be interested. i am sure I didnt dream it...

Thank you for the details !
Indeed, it seems like a bug.
If it happens again, be sure the top [A] and [B] buttons are still lit as Mr. S suggested, and try to gather as many details as possible such as what you were doing (pitching, looping, searching the collection, etc.).
By the way, can you remember when this happened? Were you mixing for a long time? Had you just launched Cross?

In any case, be sure we're interested in this kind of report and please don't hesitate to get back to us as soon as you encounter the problem again (hope never :confused:) !
So far, never experienced such a behavior...

Thanks again,

Cheers,
SylMV

sylMV

Postby djeksotik on 19 Apr 2010, 23:45

OK, i will check the A and B IF this should happen.

One time was when the party was just about to start, and the B-boys had their own music for their set, it was on a memory stick and i had not copied it to the computer yet. Anyway, i was outside and when I got back, Cross was in CD-mode. First thought I had was that somebody had messed with it, and I heard they had tried to get it to play or smth.. well i know that THAT time it had to be their fault. But I was in a hurry and restarted, didnt have time to check the settings etc.

But the first time was at home, when nobody had the chance to mess with it, it just somehow went into this mode when i was mixing, I cant remember the exact moment, and this was when i had JUST started to play with it, and I thought that I must have done something myself because I wasn´t familiar with the program yet.

So it seems to me this may not be a bug afterall, but the result of an inexperienced user.

Anyway, my main worry was how to get it back to vinyl mode, IF this unlikely thing happens.
Assigning A and B to players (if theyre not lit) should do it?
djeksotik

Postby hemskoc on 20 Apr 2010, 06:26

Just use your mouse to make sure that the 'A' and 'B' buttons are 'lit' to ensure you can use your vinyl.
Otherwise, it will revert to the 'internal' player mode(which it will disable vinyl control). ;)
Cheers
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby Stealthii on 25 Apr 2010, 13:41

Be wary of your KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS! There has been many a time where I've accidentally pressed a button on the keyboard that does something I don't want to happen. There may be a default shortcut key to dislodge external control mode. If this is the case, and you don't use keyboard shortcuts, then unassign ALL shortcuts, or if you do only leave the ones you do use, to prevent such a thing happening :)
3-hour radio show, Mixvibes Cross only!
http://soundcloud.com/stealthii/isa3
MacBook Pro 13" Summer-2011 16GB RAM, Vertex-III SSD
OSX 10.7.3
Ecler Evo 5 Mixer
Technics 1210MK5 x2
Ortofon S-120 OM carts x2
Stealthii

Next

Return to Community Support