my issues

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: my issues

Postby hemskoc on 05 Jan 2010, 17:23

coolout wrote:In response to hemskoc, I don't think i'm expecting too much. I paid $150 for my Trigger Finger, $150 my BCF2000, $60 for my NanoKontrol, yet I expect the pads, LEDs, faders to work as advertised although it wasn't a $1200 Akai MPC ,$600 Mackie HUI, or $400 Novation Zero. Price shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah i agree with what you have said but in all fairness, the majority of 'djs' do not use MIDI devices, they use plain old cdj's or TT - That was my point and it is a fact that for good equipment(CDJ,TT,Mixer), its not cheap ;) :) i wasnt against your point of your disappointment on your expectations of the package you got. ;)
cheers
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby polocorp on 05 Jan 2010, 17:36

you are entitled to an opinion coolout, but it's not what Gizmo from skratchworx says...

The software will be improved, but in the mean time i'd advise being patient... you are getting a great bang for your buck with this package.

If you are a PROFESSIONAL DJ :rolleyes: ... you should stick with gear designed for your needs. Use a little caution, no point in picking up the latest product and then complaining that it isn't perfect yet...

How bout CDJ 400s or a VCI 100 with your Cross ?
MixVibes PRO DJ TEAM

MixVibes Cross 2
MacBook PRO
CDJ-2000
DJM-800

http://polocorp.blogspot.com
http://Facebook.com/polocorp.music
polocorp

Postby coolout on 06 Jan 2010, 00:41

polocorp...The scratchworx video actually covers half of my complaints: the "bubble" sound when backqueing with the jog dials and the lack of crossfader curve. In that video you can't hear how bad it really sounds because he's using the "ahh" sound and not a spoken word or phrase, but it's there.

Also...Don't roll your eyes at me. :rolleyes: I've spun nearly every weekend for over 10 years and I've been a full-time DJ for the past 7. Plus I promote my own parties/events, put out my own records, and produce/engineer other artists. Don't get it twisted...I'm still plugging away and just trying to breakthrough but at least I'm not working a desk job or retail. :biggrin:

Like I said before I already own numerous MIDI controllers, Turntables (Vestax) and CDJs (Pioneer 800,100, and DMP-555), plus Traktor and Torq. I was just looking for a cheap, portable option for when I travel or have gigs where I don't want to lug a heavy coffin. Not to mention, I've been looking for a product I could confidently suggest for beginners. I was hoping someone from Mixvibes would say, "Yes, the software has bugs and basic features missing, but we're working on it.", but instead it seems the majority of this thread has been spent defending the product and questioning me. Come on...right on the box it says, "Includes everything you need to DJ with your computer" and "Large scratch wheels for natural scratch feel", yet the scratch sound is so UN-natural :frown: and with the lack of buttons/knobs you would get more DJ functionality out of a NanoKontrol (which is half the price).

The Ion Discover DJ should, in theory, have the same level of functionality as a Vestax VCI, except with a cheaper build and less knobs. It's obvious to me now that there is a blatant lack of support for this product. Perhaps the guys at Mixxx or some other app will be the ones to work it out, but it's not looking good right now. I guess i'll just pony up for a VCI-100 and leave you guys alone.

Thanks for listening.
coolout

Postby UncleVibes on 06 Jan 2010, 09:37

unclevibes wrote:but if it's possible to do better with the same hardware it will be done. Message received 5/5
UncleVibes

Postby polocorp on 06 Jan 2010, 11:50

hey no worries coolout. >Didn't mean to be rude with the :rolleyes: and I'm not saying your comments aren't based on a lot of relevant DJ experience; i just expect a better attitude in general in a first post, especially from someone with your moniker ;)

As mentionned before your feedback is already being taken care of, including the bubbly sctach sound. However this not a bug per say... Most beginners won't notice the difference. That doesn't mean we haven't noticed it and aren't taking care of it.

Not trying to push you towards other gear, but just offering my perszonnal experience; I use a VCM-100 for my mobile gigs. Great compact unit that easily triggers the key features of Cross. $300 on ebay.

Coolout thanks for your feedback and help. :D

edit : moving this post to "suggestions"
MixVibes PRO DJ TEAM

MixVibes Cross 2
MacBook PRO
CDJ-2000
DJM-800

http://polocorp.blogspot.com
http://Facebook.com/polocorp.music
polocorp

Previous

Return to Community Support