Discover DJ issues

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Discover DJ issues

Postby DJkiddySmoove on 02 Jan 2010, 07:38

Im going to make a small list of some problems...

1. When i scratch both my platters tend to squeak. (Is this a bad thing?/Does it happen to everyone?/What can I do to fix this?)

2. When i try and scratch on my right platter it will stop or disconnect
ex.
Play/Pause button jumps
Scratching stops or is extremely choppy

(I scratch in small chops back and forth should i make them more spread? Do the short chops wear and tear on the platters?)

If there is anyway I can fix it let me know so when i get my new one i can avoid the issue
DJkiddySmoove

Re: Discover DJ issues

Postby UncleVibes on 02 Jan 2010, 11:21

Hi & welcome on the forums
Happy new year 2010
there is an update there, did you tried it?
downloads.php?cat=55
UncleVibes

Postby DJkiddySmoove on 02 Jan 2010, 17:38

UncleVibes wrote:Hi & welcome on the forums
Happy new year 2010
there is an update there, did you tried it?
downloads.php?cat=55

Yeah I got the update just now its just my controller im going to get a new one and see if its me or the controller.
DJkiddySmoove

Postby DJkiddySmoove on 03 Jan 2010, 04:40

Just wondering if there is anyway to disassemble the discover DJ so that i can stop the squeek in my left platter and stop it from happening in my right platter with some lubricants.
DJkiddySmoove

Postby DJkiddySmoove on 03 Jan 2010, 04:41

Just wondering if there is anyway to disassemble the discover DJ so that i can stop the squeek in my left platter and stop it from happening in my right platter with some lubricants.
DJkiddySmoove

Postby daniel clark on 03 Jan 2010, 05:35

:cool: :cool: just curious is the squeak from the mechanical actions of the platter?,,is it only audiable and not affecting the action of the program???? ie the sound output from the program???,,if it the hardware and not the software then the issue might be resolved with the vendor ???? dont truly know the hard ware features and the ability to take them apart and put it back together succesfully :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby DJkiddySmoove on 03 Jan 2010, 06:31

Its not effecting the program at all. But it is an annoyance being that im in the hall between 3 bedrooms...i have bought 2 Controllers the first one started out squeaking on the right platter then the left one started squeaking then the program started to become effected.
ex.
play/pause button
when scratching it stopped completely

Everything seems okay with this controller. I think the last one was just messed up. But i do want to stop the squeaking of the platter not for myself but for my family. The program isnt effected and i cant hear the squeaking with my headphones in.

Thanks for your response
DJkiddySmoove

Postby UncleVibes on 03 Jan 2010, 10:01

Your product is under warranty don't dissassemble it! see your local distributor!
UncleVibes

Postby DJkiddySmoove on 03 Jan 2010, 14:57

Im going to call ion today and ask for any solutions
DJkiddySmoove

Postby Fretless Fingers on 17 Jan 2010, 11:06

DJkiddySmoove wrote:Just wondering if there is anyway to disassemble the discover DJ so that i can stop the squeek in my left platter and stop it from happening in my right platter with some lubricants.

This is an issue I've ran into also . I'm right handed and have found that on the second day my right platter had a squeak that as of lat has turned into a loud obnoxious one. I wonder if its truly worth it to send back to same day music or is it just easier to deal with it & or try and take it apart
Fretless Fingers

Next

Return to Community Support