Cross crash and problem

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross crash and problem

Postby Blackbrook on 29 Dec 2009, 16:19

Hello mates,

in fact I am very busy at the moment I did not have the time to work with Cross 1.3.1 as much as I wanted to. I am leaving tomorrow for short holidays, closed my work and packed my things. So there was enough time to test Cross a bit and this is what happened to me:

1.) When I am loading a track into a deck the processors are going wild (nearly 100% usage) as you can see in the pictures listed. If I am loading this tracks the sound is struggling and Cross is playing the track like pitched from 0 to +8 in a millisecond. It is like putting your finger at the deck and slow down the sound and then accelerating the deck with your finger. This happens not always but when it happens then shortly after I loaded a track into a deck. First I thought that it is maybe a problem of the iTunes m4a data format and so I tested it for a usual mp3 too but the same problem occured.

http://steve.boxbox.org/transfer/cross_trackload_m4a_data.JPG

http://steve.boxbox.org/transfer/cross_trackload_mp3_data.JPG

So I thought that it was maybe a problem of not analysed tracks and then I started analysing my whole library (1322 tracks).

2.) I marked all the tracks, did a right click on them and said "Analyse BPM AND Peak". Because of the amount of data it took a long time and this is why I left for lunch. When I got back the windows error message was on my screen where I could chosse "Sending the report" or "Don't send" -> Cross crashed! Of course there was no analysed file after the restart. I remembered someone in the german forums having the same problem but a bigger collection (10.000+) and there the only solution was to analyse the tracks in parts. This is what I am doing at the moment. Till now Cross did not crash and after it analysed 30-40 selected files I save the collection and mark 30-40 others that Cross may analyse then. I hope that it works this way...

If all is analysed I will mix on and I hope that the problem described at 1.) will never occur again.

If there will be trouble again I wil let you know!

Greetings,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Re: Cross crash and problem

Postby Support@MixVibes on 29 Dec 2009, 16:44

It might be ONE file doing this, if you can spot it, please send it for further analyze.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 29 Dec 2009, 16:54

Support@Vibes wrote:It might be ONE file doing this, if you can spot it, please send it for further analyze.

Okay!
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Blackbrook on 29 Dec 2009, 17:14

Next one:

I analysed the tracks in steps. After some steps the bpm of the tracks was set to 0.00. But if I analysed them again the bpm was set to the exact bpm i.e. 127.1

http://steve.boxbox.org/transfer/analysation_runs_wrong.JPG
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Blackbrook on 29 Dec 2009, 19:27

I guess I found the reason why Cross crashed: Too much input!

I marked twenty tracks and analysed them. While I tried to scroll down Cross crashed.

So on the one hand it could have been the problem of too much input (analysing and scrolling) or on the other hand it is because I already analysed a lot of tracks.

The analysed mp3 is not corrupt or something because there was nor error when I analysed it after a Cross restart.

Will this help the dev team?

Greetings,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 30 Dec 2009, 11:30

I'll give it a try on a batch of 5000 files today.
Support@MixVibes

Postby John Wo_O on 04 Jan 2010, 23:24

Blackbrook wrote:Next one:

I analysed the tracks in steps. After some steps the bpm of the tracks was set to 0.00. But if I analysed them again the bpm was set to the exact bpm i.e. 127.1

http://steve.boxbox.org/transfer/analysation_runs_wrong.JPG

This is something I also noticed with the latest version(s), the bpm scan gives me a 0.00bpm way too often. But unlike Steve, doing it again would give 0.00bpm again :(
I have not insisted too much so far but what would be your recommendation to rule out either the bad file (although it happened with several files) or a problem in your detection pattern/algorithm?
John Wo_O

Postby hemskoc on 05 Jan 2010, 04:05

John Wo_O wrote:]
This is something I also noticed with the latest version(s), the bpm scan gives me a 0.00bpm way too often. But unlike Steve, doing it again would give 0.00bpm again :(
I have not insisted too much so far but what would be your recommendation to rule out either the bad file (although it happened with several files) or a problem in your detection pattern/algorithm?

Maybe try changing the bpm range in preferences...worked for me :)
Cheers
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby Support@MixVibes on 05 Jan 2010, 11:18

I have tested a big batch of files and I haven't found so many 0.00 ones...
What genre of tracks are these ?
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 05 Jan 2010, 17:55

It are tracks from genres between Elektro, Techno, Progressive House and so on, they all should be between 125 and 133BPM. The curios thing is that if I analysed them again the correct bpm was shown and is saved now.

Strange, isn't it?

Greetings,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Next

Return to Community Support