Cross crash and problem

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross crash and problem

Postby John Wo_O on 05 Jan 2010, 18:09

mine were dubstep tracks. I guess I should try again by adjusting the bpm range, I didn't think of that for some reason :S
John Wo_O

Postby Support@MixVibes on 05 Jan 2010, 18:31

@Blackbrook : yes very strange indeed.
@John Wo_O : reggae, dub, jungle, dnb, always have strange bpm value detected by software.
Support@MixVibes

Postby hemskoc on 05 Jan 2010, 18:39

John Wo_O wrote:mine were dubstep tracks. I guess I should try again by adjusting the bpm range, I didn't think of that for some reason :S

Dubstep trax tend to read at half time(below the default detection bpm <70 bpm?> (half of 130=65), so thats why u get a 00 bpm analysis ;)
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby Blackbrook on 05 Jan 2010, 19:32

Hello,

so after I updated to Cross 1.3.2 and switched off my virus scanner and nothing ran instead of Cross the terrible sound described above came up again. Luckily I recorded the session and so I can give you a taste of what I have to deal with:

http://steve.boxbox.org/transfer/cross_ ... _sound.mp3

Please note that the whole collection is analysed, my notebook is optimized for audio programmes, everything is turned off (virus scanner, different agents and panels,...) and only Cross was running.

Here are my specs because I think that this seems to be the problem:

Asus F3Sc
Intel Core2Duo T7250 @ 2,0 GHz
2GB Ram
Win XP Pro Version 2002 SP3

I get this terrible sound when I am mixing - always! There has not been a session that I could finish without listening this crazy sound. If there is anybody that has a hint instead of installing a clean and Cross only system I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks a lot for your help mates!

Greetings,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 05 Jan 2010, 19:38

Vinyl or cd ?
It sound like a broken records for me.
In flexible or internal mode do you have this ?
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 05 Jan 2010, 19:55

Vinyl - I own six different: the ones that came with DVS, those from the Cross Pack and two brand new records one in yellow and one in red. Mixed with the last two ones when the sound error occured but I also had these sounds when I was mixing with the other records.

I am mixing in absolute mode.

Greetings,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby hemskoc on 05 Jan 2010, 19:59

Hey Steve.. i had something similar happening to me in the RC release, and for me it was the soundcard buffering. I had to increase the samples(more latency) to remedy the 'audio glitchyness'. With the 132 version, i have put my soundcard back to 44khz from 48khz sample rate, and increased the buffer rate to compensate. Seems to run great 99% of the time, but maybe once a gig(3 hr), i will get a small audio glitch like yours. When i load a track in the non playing deck, i do get audio spikes tho(i just have to make sure the level/crossfader is not on that loading deck too). :eek:
By the way, im using a edirol fa66 firewire, with original drivers.

good luck mate-hope this helps ;)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
hemskoc

Postby Blackbrook on 05 Jan 2010, 21:00

I guess that it is a driver problem or anything like trouble between my notebook and the audio interface. When I was djing with ableton more than 2 years ago I owned a M-Audio Firewire Audiophile that worked really really good. So I tried to work with my U46 MK II in ableton and there these sounds happen, too. When a track is playing and I drag another track into a channel this strange sound came up. So I guess that it might have been an audio interface - notebook problem and this reminds me to another problem from the past:

I wanted to record the sets from a huge party years ago with ableton live and my former M-Audio interface that worked perfectly as output. But when I tested to record music trough Line In I had buffered sound. After hours and days of testing and troubleshooting with the M-Audio support we concluded that the chipset of my internal firewire port was a cheap via chipset. The support suggested to buy a pcmcia firefire card with a strong texas instruments chipset and guess what happened: It worked!!!

So could this be a problem? I know firewire is different from USB but they all are controlled by chipsets ;)

Greetings,

Steve

@hemskoc: I will try to increase the latency. I am mixing at 44.1kHz already. Thanks for your help!!!
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby hemskoc on 05 Jan 2010, 21:19

Blackbrook wrote: The support suggested to buy a pcmcia firefire card with a strong texas instruments chipset and guess what happened: It worked!!!
So could this be a problem? I know firewire is different from USB but they all are

Not sure about the usb chipset thing..but on another note...you may have solved my problem! :eek: im using a pcmia card on which i cannot tell if it has a texas chipset in it-(i cant read the manufacturers name on it :rolleyes: ) so maybe this could be part of MY problems!! :rolleyes: i might have to pry it appart for a closer inspection ! :twisted:
Cheers

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
hemskoc

Postby Support@MixVibes on 06 Jan 2010, 11:50

Yes for firewire, the TI chipset is the only to trust.

I know those may sound basic to you but :
Did you switch off the usb power management on each usb port ?
Are you running fullpower/desktop power scheme ?
Support@MixVibes

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support