Cross crash and problem

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross crash and problem

Postby Support@MixVibes on 26 Jan 2010, 12:01

hemskoc wrote:*I played an 8 hour set :eek: on Saturday for a snowboard/ski 'rail 'competition, and i had my battery partially unplugged by accident.... well i found out the hard way that i SHOULD of had my battery plugged in--- i had suffered a 'power drop' for a second, and my computer fully went off :(
I know that windows does the battery check pulse, but I think its better to have your battery plugged in for this reason! Took me around 2 minutes to get it back up and running.

Young Jedi didn't mastered the force yet ! :mrgreen:
If you want to remove the battery you should have a power backup unit / UPS, and more ever on outdoors event that don't take the power on regular network but on mobile generator.

*@Support, Also found that the sound glitch happens SOMETIMES when loading tracks DIRECTLY from iTunes; pre-anaylased OR NOT! even if they are in a 'collection' list also(my partner uses iTunes to play, not the collection, as she is a Mac user, and HATES PC's) :lol:
Cheers

If you drag from finder/explorer those files does it occurs too ? (I answered also in the other post).
Support@MixVibes

Postby hemskoc on 26 Jan 2010, 18:53

@ Support.
*I was plugged into the mains power supply, not a generator....someone was unplugging another item, and partially unplugged my PC by accident :rolleyes: .
A UPS would not have helped in any way in this instance; only my battery being plugged in would of saved me.
My post was intended to be a caution on those wishing to play without a battery. ;)
*i never drag files from finder/explorer, as i have had crashes often trying this method....
As ive stated before, this problem with 'sound glitching' sometimes happens when directly loading from the embedded iTunes
"SOMETIMES when loading tracks DIRECTLY from iTunes; pre-anaylased OR NOT! even if they are in a 'collection' list also(my partner uses iTunes to play, not the collection, as she is a Mac user, and HATES PC's"
has only occurred since the 1.3+ series.
Im thinking that the minimum specs for running Cross have been lifted above what they used to be :(
Cheers
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby Blackbrook on 26 Jan 2010, 21:05

Will test it with the battery inside again, maybe this was one of the smaller problems that may not interrupt the sound. Thanks for the advice!!
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Blackbrook on 02 Feb 2010, 23:44

Let me take this from the "Dell Problem Thread" because I think this may be a general problem:

hemskoc wrote:Yeah- Cross is using all the resources, and making it peak out at 100%... :rolleyes:
there is nothing else running on that side of the partition of my drive - no internet, nothing.
Cheers

Same here. I switched to Win7 because of a driver problem and tweaked my notebook (the audio forums' guide). So Cross is running stable but sometimes when I drag a track the gui freezes and if it freezes long enough there are drop outs (nearly a second+). Surprisingly this happened only at the beginning of a mix, later on everything worked fine and the gui did not freeze that long.
Let me add, that I did not switch off the battery check service. I switched it off after the first drop outs and had no since then, but let me test it more often (less time at the moment :-/)

Generally: What may help? More RAM (2GB of a no name installed at the moment)? A faster HDD (5400rpm no name installed)?

(Configuration at the moment: Cross 1.3.2, ASIO4ALL 2.9, 2x2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD)

Greetings,

Steve

P.S.: I have no reference to a former Cross Version since I am using Win7 so sorry hemskoc that I can not approve your opinion :-(
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 03 Feb 2010, 11:24

Did you tried to play with the audio cache in Cross ?
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 03 Feb 2010, 17:23

Support@Vibes wrote:Did you tried to play with the audio cache in Cross ?

It is at maximum. In german there is a saying: Much helps much ;) What is the best configuration for this?
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 03 Feb 2010, 17:35

I don't know what is best, honestly mine is set to... ZERO !
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 03 Feb 2010, 17:38

Support@Vibes wrote:I don't know what is best, honestly mine is set to... ZERO !

Will test it. Thanks a lot!
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Blackbrook on 03 Feb 2010, 19:01

Support@Vibes wrote:I don't know what is best, honestly mine is set to... ZERO !

Damn, that is the best solution! The gui freezes hardly half a second and no glitches or drop outs. Wohoooooo!

hemskoc my dear friend, if you are reading this I hope that you have not set your audio cache to zero, because this seems to solve some problems.

Thanks a lot support@vibes! Btw. what's your real name? Calling you support@vibes is so impersonal ;)

Greetings,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby daniel clark on 04 Feb 2010, 01:09

:cool: :cool: That is a curious question Steve :idea: :idea: Support kinda remindes me of a :?: Fomer user named gatko :?: :?: In any form or fashion the name we use ,and expect to be known as fits the postion we want to be in :cool: :cool: :cool: may be impersonnel , but it helps us get the job done :cool: thought of as a outward facade we want people to see :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor