Cross crash and problem

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross crash and problem

Postby Support@MixVibes on 14 Jan 2010, 10:34

Thanks for your input.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 17 Jan 2010, 22:40

Update

Today I have been brave and did something that broke my neck last time :) As I have written in the thread of the new ESI driver I was using this one till today! I thought that this driver could be my problem. And so I uninstalled it, cleaned my registry, deleted all left folders, restarted my notebook and reinstalled the forum's U46 MK II driver.
Cold sweat ran down my forehead but it worked immidiately :eek: :!: :!: :!:

So I opened the new DVS RC, reconfigured it and mixed a bit. After a few tracks I switched to Cross, reconfigured it, too and mixed. Nearly an hour and nothing bad happened. No strange sound, no crash, nothing!

I alsochanged one thing: The waveform that is running while you spin ran very slow (so it was shown in a very small resolution) so that I could see a lot of the track that is coming. I thought that this maybe needs a lot more graphical power. So I reduced it to the smallest viewpoint. Now the waveform runs faster than the one above, but it works.

I have to test it more often and of course with longer sessions but I hope that my problem is solved.

So let us hope, that hemskoc's problem is solved in the near future, too.

Thanks for you help mates! Thank you!!

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 18 Jan 2010, 11:29

@ Blackbrook : I already told in another post what was my opinion about the esi drivers... :neutral:

@hemskoc : are you on 1.3 rc, 1.3.1 or 1.3.2 ?
It was as security issue in the 1.3rc and should have been fixed since.
Support@MixVibes

Postby hemskoc on 18 Jan 2010, 18:38

Support@Vibes wrote:@ Blackbrook : I already told in another post what was my opinion about the esi drivers... :neutral:

@hemskoc : are you on 1.3 rc, 1.3.1 or 1.3.2 ?
It was as security issue in the 1.3rc and should have been fixed since.

Just put 1.3.2 in the other day :)
Actually had 1 more instance on Saturday night - i fixed it by check boxing 'security' on, then off and this seemed to fix the problem :)
Cheers
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby Blackbrook on 18 Jan 2010, 20:23

Support@Vibes wrote:@ Blackbrook : I already told in another post what was my opinion about the esi drivers... :neutral:

Oh okay! Excuse me that I took so much of your time to help me out of there although the problem was obvious (but I did not recognize it). I thought till yesterday, that a newer automatically means better. If further tests proove that this is wrong I have to think about a way to revanche for your work. :redface: Sorry!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby sylMV on 19 Jan 2010, 10:57

hemskoc wrote:Just put 1.3.2 in the other day :)
Actually had 1 more instance on Saturday night - i fixed it by check boxing 'security' on, then off and this seemed to fix the problem :)
Cheers

Thanks for the info, it's a really interesting clue ...
We'll investigate this !

Cheers,
SylMV

sylMV

Postby Blackbrook on 24 Jan 2010, 14:38

Annotation

Cross works without any drop out till now!!!

I have changed some settings and hardware and that may have solved my problems:

1.) Changed to an activ usb hub instead of using a passive one. Thought that four devices on one USB port may cause energy problems (no constant current the whole time, ...)

2.) Turned off the agent/service that checks the battery all the time as recommended by hemskoc, someone else (sorry for having forgotten the nick) and UncleVibes. Additionally removed my battery from the notebook

3.) Changed to a smaller collection (hardly 60 tracks) within all tracks were analysed (as recommended)

4.) Changed the waveform view to the smallest possible so that the waveform runs very quick. I thought that this may reduce some graphic power

5.) As written in a post above I have changed the audio interface driver to the mixvibes driver (used the new esi driver that seems to be crap :-( )

6.) Uninstalled a free anti virus scanner (AntiVir, very popular in germany) and installed a bought internet security suite (G Data Internet Security 2010) where I can switch off every guard and service. This was possible in the former anti virus guard too but I guess that because of the fact that it is a free one you could not stop every guard/service

7.) Deactivated the following devices in the device manager

- internal audio interface
- internal modem
- internal wireless card/interface

and additionally unplugged the LAN port

EDIT:
8.) Unplugged the full HD display and worked only with the build in notebook display so that the graphic card does not have to work hard

So as I said I had no drop outs since I am using the above decsribed configuration. I have mixed more than 4 hours in the last three days and will continue with the hope that I will never again listen to a drop out.

Thanks a lot for your help, especially hemskoc, sylMV and support@mixvibes!!! THANK YOU!

Steve

EDIT: Came home from a friend of mine where we played two hours without any drop out (switched a lot between bypass and usual mode - great!) :) *HAPPY*
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 25 Jan 2010, 11:03

:eek: your computer setup was very.. hum... special !
I would have never figured how to solve some of them :
- hub
- second display
-anti virus

Nice work you did and thank for the feedback, this is very helpful for futur references and newbies.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Blackbrook on 25 Jan 2010, 19:00

Support@Vibes wrote::eek: your computer setup was very.. hum... special !

Guess it is not the setup, it is the notebook ;) It's an ASUS :P

Support@Vibes wrote:I would have never figured how to solve some of them :
- hub
- second display
-anti virus

If it does not work you try everything that may solve your problem :cool:

Support@Vibes wrote:Nice work you did and thank for the feedback, this is very helpful for futur references and newbies.

This is the only reason why I posted what I did. Maybe some other users have the same problems and changing some points from the list above may help :D

Greetings and thanks again for your support!

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby hemskoc on 25 Jan 2010, 22:26

Blackbrook wrote:2.) Additionally removed my battery from the notebook

Thanks a lot for your help, especially hemskoc, sylMV and support@mixvibes!!! THANK YOU!

Steve
You are welcome Steve... ;)
*I played an 8 hour set :eek: on Saturday for a snowboard/ski 'rail 'competition, and i had my battery partially unplugged by accident.... well i found out the hard way that i SHOULD of had my battery plugged in--- i had suffered a 'power drop' for a second, and my computer fully went off :(
I know that windows does the battery check pulse, but I think its better to have your battery plugged in for this reason! Took me around 2 minutes to get it back up and running.

*@Support, Also found that the sound glitch happens SOMETIMES when loading tracks DIRECTLY from iTunes; pre-anaylased OR NOT! even if they are in a 'collection' list also(my partner uses iTunes to play, not the collection, as she is a Mac user, and HATES PC's) :lol:

Cheers
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors