tracks get an "electronic" sound when playing it super slow

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

tracks get an "electronic" sound when playing it super slow

Postby mojster_jaka on 25 Oct 2009, 21:50

i'm wondering if this is a bug in Cross. i suppose it is.

i use my vinyl to spin and when i start slowing down the vinyl with my hand, just as i'm almost to a stop, it gets to this highly electronic-like sound and suddenly the sound of the track becomes very unnatural.
this is very stresfull when i want to play around with just one sample that's very short and i for example move the vinyl slowly back and forth to use it in the mix for a little effect.

it gets to something similar when i turn of the turntable and the tracks's getting slower and slower, until it comes to a complete stop, you can hear the same anomaly again.

i like mixvibes and all, but could something get done about this issue? it would be nice if the track would have the same sound, no matter how slow you play with it.
mojster_jaka

Re: tracks get an "electronic" sound when playing it super slow

Postby Rumble on 27 Oct 2009, 17:29

hey :)

you're playing the wrong mode, if you do not want to have.

Put it up on "speed"

you have to determine tempo or hybrid

because the pitches are maintained by the keypitch. by the noise at the very slow turn.

check my pic

cheers rumble
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rumble

Postby mojster_jaka on 28 Oct 2009, 02:39

alright, thanks! :cool:

i had it on tempo, not hybrid though. i changed to speed and it works like a charm now.
i have to look around what hybrid is there for anyway, right now i have no clue.

thank you for this piece of information
mojster_jaka

Postby Rumble on 28 Oct 2009, 17:39

no problem ;)
Rumble

Postby erpi on 13 Dec 2009, 03:45

Scratching in real mode with Cross works very well with timecodes, but with a VCI-100 I tried everything...

Speed/Tempo/hybrid = electronic sound very metallic= no decent scratching :evil:

I know it is just a controller but the scratch mode works very well with T---TOR!

So, I love Cross but please do something about it.

YOU CANNOT SCRATCH, even a baby sounds electronic/metallic.

You can Cut/Stab because for that you don't need to go back and forth - it is just a release, that's it, all the other scratch techniques are IMPOSSIBLE.

Please Help dear MV Team!
erpi

Postby UncleVibes on 13 Dec 2009, 10:23

all the other scratch techniques are IMPOSSIBLE.

A MIDI controller with a small wheel isn't the best scratch technical.
Speed/Tempo/hybrid = electronic sound very metallic= no decent scratching :evil:

Speed/Tempo/hybrid aren't related to MIDI but to cd & vinyl control. But I agree Cross doesn't sound good with the vci100 MIDI wheel!
A little tuning is necessary, it doesn't sound as it should.
We had much better feeling with Producer or DVS & the MIDI wheels. Sylmv give us more musical feeling specially for the VCI 100 as this MIDI controller is MIDI native in Cross...
UncleVibes

Postby erpi on 13 Dec 2009, 20:34

A MIDI controller with a small wheel isn't the best scratch technical

I know... nothing is better than the " real thing", I love this argument, but scratching is just three movements:

-Backward
-Forward
-Release

Not rocket science even with a MIDI controller on tiny jog wheels.

The most important thing is to have a good crossfader - I have a Pro Xfade in my VCI, better than a lot of crossfaders, fast, sharp and light.

So, theoritically, we just need to have the right sound for backward/forward movements at different speeds and YES WE CAN scratch with Cross even on a MIDI controller...

I have turntables, I love them, but they don't fit in my backpack as my VCI.

SCRATCHING DOES NOT WORK WITH Cross.

That's the truth, and it is not specified in the Cross marketing, whereas it should be to warn the potential buyers that even a simple baby scratch is impossible.

Please dear Team MV, I do not want to open T---TOR to do a simple baby, or more and leave the wonderful friendly interface of Cross wich is a good timecode software but certainly not a good software for the Vestax VCI-100.

Sincerly yours,
erpi

Postby UncleVibes on 13 Dec 2009, 22:51

Don't repeat 10 times the same things. I have a VCI 100, I agree with you that the setting isn't good enough for cool scratch. I agree also that you can scratch or that you should be able to scratch.
In fact scratch depends a lot of the precision counter inside the wheel & how Cross fits to its range. That's why I think there is solution.
UncleVibes

Postby erpi on 14 Dec 2009, 02:55

I am glad that you agree with me and that you think there is a solution.

We are waiting for the possibility of having a normal use of the VCI-100 with Cross.

Thank you for your help.
erpi

Postby polocorp on 14 Dec 2009, 13:37

Sure Erpi, The dev team is totally aware that therer is a big improvement margin on jogwheel rendering... As a VCI user i'm looking forward to this too. Better MIDI implementation is one of the main focuses on upcoming updates.

patience :mrgreen:
MixVibes PRO DJ TEAM

MixVibes Cross 2
MacBook PRO
CDJ-2000
DJM-800

http://polocorp.blogspot.com
http://Facebook.com/polocorp.music
polocorp

Return to Community Support